Financial Manager – Middle East Funds (SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA / IFRS / Accounting / Financial Management / Microfinance) – Gauten
A specialist, impact-driven financier is looking for a Financial Manager to join its Fund Finance team based in its Pretoria Office. Headquartered in Mauritius, financing and support is provided to qualifying Small and Growing Businesses in 14 countries in Africa and the Middle East. This position reports to the Senior Financial Manager – Fund Finance.
- Together with the Senior Financial Manager, manage and guide the fund finance team.
- Provide leadership to the fund finance function in an integrated way to contribute to the longer-term Fund plans.
- Ensure the planning, implementation and delivery of effective Financial Controls and processes resulting in presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information.
- As part of the shared services layer of the function:
- Management of staff to achieve the desired outcomes
- Oversee and contribute to monthly financial close processes
- Quarterly and Annual consolidations
- Drafting of Annual Financial Statements
- Attend quarterly Advisory Committee meetings for the Middle East Funds and provide feedback on the fund’s financial performance.
- Act as the primary fund finance point of contact for the Middle East investment teams including the Middle East Fund Chief Investment Officer, including:
- Analysis and feedback on portfolio performance.
- Advisory on the accounting impact of business decisions.
- Assist with the on-going maintenance and development of the overall fund model (long-term forecast).
- Take overall accountability for the fund finance outputs and activities as they relate to the Middle East Funds.
- Champion the maintenance and on-going development of the IFRS 9 ECL models including the audit thereof.
- Research and guide the implementation IFRS standards as they apply to the Funds.
- Assist with taxation compliance activities including correspondence with tax advisors as well as tax authorities.
- 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience in accounting and financial management, including at least 1 – 2 years’ managing a team.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (SAICA/ SAIPA / CIMA equivalent and a practicing membership of related professional body (SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA, etc.).
- Big 4 Articles advantageous.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of general accounting practices and principles (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of IFRS 9 and ECL models.
- Multi-currency consolidations experience being advantageous.
- Treasury operations exposure will be advantageous.
- Direct and indirect tax compliance, with African exposure being advantageous.
- Advanced Excel skills are a must, including accessing data through a data warehouse.
- Excellent financial, analytical, and reporting writing skills.
- Written and spoken language fluency in English essential.