Reference No. CDTSRHOSS
A client of ours, within Financial Services, is currently looking for their Head Of Shared Group Services to oversee all the groups operations.
The Head of Shared Group Services will take responsibility for the following areas:
- The Head of Information Technology will report to the incumbent and has a substantial budget which is allocated to building and maintaining the IT operating platform of the entire Group (not systems applications – these are the preserve of Pivot or the Business Units).
- This team deals with payroll, recruitment, leave, disciplinary matters, performance management and Key Performance Indicators, medical and retirement benefits, REMCO and all such related areas.
- The Head of Compliance is responsible for all compliance matters. Given the vast complexity of the Group and the strong regulatory nature of the industries we operate in, this is a demanding support area.
- The incumbent will maintain responsibility for the Johannesburg office.
- The Group is a multinational with clients in Africa and globally. The travel costs are substantial, and as such this area requires constant review and management from a central point.
- On going attention needs to be given to this area as we grow further and accumulate further assets and offices. Moreover, the safety of our people should be paramount.
The incumbent will report to a Partner.
Key Deliverables of the Head of Shared Group Services
- Ensure that areas of responsibility are functioning effectively.
- Be strategic in enhancing the Group operations platforms.
- Identify and communicate risks and other problems immediately.
- Develop effective solutions to risks and problems.
- Build and retain teams to meet desired strategic objectives and vision.
- Ensure the Group is rated world class in all of its business activities.
- Expand and entrench our core values and champion morale building.
- Further instill the belief that we must be the best on the continent.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- An MBA, LLB, CA or other relevant academic qualification is essential.
Experience / Background Preference:
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than 12 to 15 years’ relevant, working experience.
- Proven, relevant experience in a management role is essential.
- The incumbent will possess very strong Emotional Intelligence (“EQ”).
- A proven track record emphasising administration and people management is essential.
- Ideally the incumbent will have a solid understanding of financial, legal and IT matters.
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the role.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Determination to win and be the best in building an extraordinary team of people and be part of an extraordinary vision.
- Extraordinary and proven people management and leadership skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries.
- Above average EQ and substantial experience in the leadership of Teams.
- Self-assurance and a confident manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to engage with service providers and colleagues at the highest level of decision making.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.
- Established negotiation skills.
- A self-starter who shows initiative and assumes responsibility for projects.
- Proven ability to operate independently and exercise significant latitude for independent judgement, discretion and action.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks within strict time frames within a fast-paced environment.
- High energy levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking.
- The ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom.
- The ability to build strong relationships with team members, company management and service providers.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.