Let's find out where you can grow your career
Head Of Internal Audit (Banking / Finance / Compliance) Port Louis, Mauritius
April 14, 2022
Reference Number: CDTLKHOIA1
Our client within the banking sector is looking for a Head Of Internal Audit who will be responsible for Reporting to the Conduct Review & Audit Committee (CRAC) and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the bank, the Head of Internal audit is responsible to establish the Internal Audit vision and leading the Internal Audit function to support the bank in accomplishing its strategic objectives and help ensure the established financial, operational and compliance practices and related controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Responsible to develop and implement the Internal Audit strategy and plan as a Trusted adviser in line with the Bank's strategic objectives.
- Evaluate business activities and related risks for purposes of ensuring regulatory compliance, safeguarding the bank’s assets, and improving its systems of financial and operational controls.
- Ensure that the department’s work is value-adding and undertaken in conformance to the Standards of Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors and the bank’s Internal Audit Charter.
- Responsible for the work performed by the audit staff. He/she is a mentor and provides coaching and guidance when required.
- Ensure auditees are aware and understand the role of internal audit within the bank
- Communicate with management through individual meetings and relevant committees such as the MIRC and BRMC.
- Present the Audit Report to the Bank Conduct Review & Audit Committee (CRAC) on a quarterly basis and respond to all queries on a timely manner.
- Undergraduate (field of study Accounting, Banking, Finance, Risk Management...)
- CIA and CRMA qualified
- CISA would be a definite advantage
- Minimum of 10 years' audit and banking experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in dealing with IT, Operational, Compliance, Financial and other types of Audits as well as investigations
- Thorough understanding of the International Accounting and Auditing Standards and the requirements of legislation related to accountancy and auditing affecting the Bank’s corporate governance
- Skills in examining and re-engineering procedures, formulating policies, and developing and implementing strategies
- Knowledge of internal organisational structures, work- flows and procedures
- Able to use Microsoft Office tools
- Data analytics
- Risk management
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.