Reference No. SRBLR-HPM-003
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Head of Portfolio Management to be based in Khartoum, Sudan, reporting to the Director of Investment Department. The incumbent will Lead, direct, and coordinate the activities of the portfolio management division. Responsible for the supervision of the banks externally managed investment portfolios in accordance with relevant guidelines, investment policies, criteria and processes as outlined in the investment procedures and evaluation of their performance against risk/ return objectives and criteria.
- Implement and develop investment policies and strategies for the Portfolio Management Division to enhance returns and reduce risks
- Formulate, develop, and implement the portfolio management division’s strategy and business planning process in accordance with the bank’s general strategy.
- Develop and implement short- and medium-term operational plans and budgets, including key performance indicators
- Provide the necessary data for the draft annual budget and the draft five-year plan.
- Supervise the implementation of best practices regarding investment procedures identifying areas for improvement, and submitting recommendations to the Investment Director
- Recommend the development of investment-related strategies and procedures necessary for achieving optimal investment performance, including recommendations for change in asset allocation and rebalancing
- Supervise the division’s activities, activating its resources, and managing its priorities
- Ensure implementation of the bank’s investment decisions
- Follow up on the process of monitoring and evaluating external investment managers, custodians and creditors and recommend changes when necessary
- Ensure and follow up on external investment managers and securities lending custodian’s adherence to the banks investment directives.
- Ensure compliance with investment policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors
- Periodic review of the strategic asset allocation, outlining of investment policy, and provision of recommendations to management
- Supervise the preparation of requests for proposals sent to investment managers, securities, and lending custodians in accordance with approved policies and procedures, and submit evaluation results to the Director, Investment
- Supervise the conducting of due diligence for new investment managers securities, lending custodians in accordance with the approved policies and procedures
- Supervise the coordination with the treasury division to periodically follow up on the status of externally managed liquid portfolios
- Supervise the coordination with the Financial Affairs Department (investment accounting) on issues related to investments and calculating management and custody fees
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships with investment managers, custodians, securities lenders and advisors through correspondence, meetings and discussions to ensure adequate relationships are in place
- Organizing periodic meetings with current investment managers, custodians, securities lenders, and advisors to discuss issues related to the bank’s investments and opportunities
- Follow up on preparing and submitting periodic reports to management, the investment committee, and the Board of Directors
- Oversee the process of evaluating portfolio performance against risk/return
- Prepare studies as required by management
- Participation in forums and conferences related to investments
- Coordinate with the advisor on all or some of the investment-related activities and issues whenever necessary
- Lead the portfolio division team to ensure that they receive appropriate technical support and direction
- Provide clear direction, prioritize tasks, assign and delegate responsibilities, and monitor workflow
- Plan, manage and review individual performance, provide feedback periodically, develop and train regularly, and take immediate action when necessary
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with the bank’s regulations and rules in all aspects of work
- Continuously ensure the quality of work for all activities related to the department
- Completion of other related work assigned by the direct supervisor
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- University degree in financial management, business administration, statistics, or its equivalent
- Masters or equivalent preferred
- A professional certificate in the investment field is preferred, for example (CFA or its equivalent)
- At least 8 years of similar experience in asset management companies or international financial institutions and investment banks, preferably at least 3 years of which in a leadership position in similar international institutions
- Fluency in Arabic in addition to English and (or) French, and knowledge of both is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software related to investment and statistics, including for example, the Bloomberg information Platform
- High capabilities with methods of research, analysis, evaluation and reading of statistical models in the field of investment management, portfolios, trading and the performance of portfolio managers across fixed income, stocks, hedge funds and risk management
- Full knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, models, investment strategies and treasury activities
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the risks and performance of investment managers
- Extensive knowledge of investment concepts, methods, and statistical models
- High skills in managing investments and investment portfolios, knowledge of financial markets and preparing studies
- Financial and economic analysis, knowledge of financial markets, the investment environment, and mechanisms for dealing with them
- Analytical skills and high abilities in the use of computers and software related to investment statistics and management tasks
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.