Head of Sustainability Strategy & Solutions (Funding/ Investor / Environmental) – Nairobi, Kenya
Reference No. SR-HSSS-001
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Head of Sustainability Strategy & Solutions reporting to the Group Director, Sustainability. This role will play a critical role in ensuring ESG (Environmental, social, and governance) is an integral part of our strategy implementation with a focused delivery on ESG risk and opportunities management.
- Responsible for research and thought leadership in Sustainability for the Group;
- Coordinating the development of the Sustainability strategy for the Group;
- Leading the development of sustainable products and services to be offered by Group;
- Providing advisory support on technical and emerging sustainability areas;
- Alignment and collaboration with the Group on the twin engine business model, Group Strategy and delivery of the Social and Environment Transformation Pillar (Pillar 5) of the Africa Recovery and Resilience Plan;
- Investor and key stakeholder relationship management focused on strategic partnerships, funding, group positioning and brand development, advocacy and policy;
- Leading the sustainability aspects of funding initiatives with the Strategy, Finance and Treasury teams.
- Representing the business at technical subject matter meetings and other external events;
- Contributing to the wider organizational ESG policy, procedures and tool development and implementation thereof.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Commercial and client oriented, with an ability to persuade and influence a wide range of people.
- Knowledge and experience with Financial Institutions, including supporting institutions in embedding Sustainability into their Strategy and the products and services offered
- Degree in Sustainability, Development Economics, Finance, or other comparable studies.
- Over 10 years of relevant working experience in sustainability.
- Strong team skills, contributing to team success and to a constructive, positive, and collaborative work environment.
- Ability to build productive lasting working relationships with clients and strategic partners.
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in English is required). French is considered a strong advantage
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance – Legal, Banking and Insurance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.