Reference No. CDTHOTM
An International Banking client of ours is looking for a Head Of Trading who will be reporting to the Head of Financial Markets. They will be responsible for generating revenue, increasing profitability and market share within the limits of the risk management policy of the bank and regulatory limits as set by the Central Bank. The Head will manage an experienced trading desk, centralizing orders from different business units, and understand risks at different degrees and correlation levels covering the Rates, Credit, Commodities, FX and Regulatory parts.
- Create, develop and deliver category strategies to achieve Sales targets including:
- Give USDMUR transfer price accordingly
- Change price on supply/demand
- Carry out detailed financial evaluation of Sales, contribution to Profit on Exchange and margin for key initiatives
- Develop and lead strategies for potential new Sales territories and Trading markets
- Full understanding of local and international market dynamics. Knowledgeable of various Global Markets products in Rates/Credit and Commodities including other derivatives that can be used to achieve targets without exposing the Bank to unnecessary risk
- Work in the pricing, risk management and development of a wide variety of products and operate across different platforms in the European, US and Asian markets
- Tactical trading in Rates, FX and Commodities to deliver performance vs Budgets, identify and address risk and maximize opportunities. Build on the organization’s trading by formulating options or hedging strategies including but not limited to:
- Proprietary Trading in G10 currencies
- Manage flows from Sales Team
- Monitor USDMUR position of the bank
- Hedge USDMUR accordingly using different asset classes
- Monitor correlation in Rates/FX/Commodities and optimize new trading/hedging opportunities
- Good charting skills sets
- Direct compliance to trade controls to safeguard organization’s trading positions
- Identify developments in products and maintains business relationships with stakeholders
- Technical Analysis:
- Chart study in FX/Commodities/Rates
- Elliot Wave analysis
- Training of staffs:
- Technical Analysis training
- Basic concepts of USDMUR pricing
- Prepare and present strategic papers to Risk and other high level committees.
- Ensure adherence to policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements, audit requirements and established risk guidelines.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc and/or postgraduate/Professional Qualification in Finance/Mathematics or any other related field
- At least 10 years of successful experience in Trading in international markets
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor teams
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Strong strategy and business planning skills
- Strong leadership and people development capabilities
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.