Head of Treasury Division (Risk / Strategy / Budget) – Khartoum, Sudan
Reference No. SFBLR23
Reference Number: SFBLR23
A well-known client of ours in the Banking Sector is seeking to hire a Head of the Treasury department to join their team. The successful individual will be responsible for leading, directing, and coordinating the activities of the Treasury Division. The individual will develop appropriate operational strategies for the proper functioning of the Treasury Division to ensure the achievement of the objectives related to liquidity, capital preservation, and resource mobilization. Along with this, also manage liquidity risk, market risk and counterparty credit risk, arising from the organization’s operations and appropriate placement in money markets, fixed income, foreign exchange, and hedging instruments to mitigate these risks.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategy, budget, business planning and investment management procedures to achieve organization’s objectives.
- Provide the necessary data for the draft annual budget and the draft five-year plan.
- Supervise implementation of best practices regarding the procedures of treasury activities, identifying areas for improvement, and making recommendations to the investment director.
- Develop and implement deposit taking activities, enabling the organization to accept deposits in major currencies from member countries, international organizations and other qualified counterparts / entities.
- Lay the foundations and develop capacity necessary for the organization to mobilize resources.
- Prepare the organizations resource mobilization strategy in accordance with its financing program.
- Develop the organization’s capacity to create and manage investment opportunities.
- Create and implement short- and medium-term operational plans and budgets, including key performance indicators.
- Establish a trading room for the organization’s operations.
- Formulation and implementation of trading strategies.
- Implementation of the organization’s treasury decisions.
- Supervise the division’s activities in order to use its resources effectively and manage priorities.
- Supervise the process of providing liquidity and employing liquid resources to ensure the availability of funds. necessary for payments without interruption.
- Oversee the “know your customer” due diligence process on potential treasury counterparts.
- Oversee the negotiation process and implementation of commercial terms in relation to treasury transactions with counterparts.
- Negotiate competitive terms and conditions regarding documentation of derivative products.
- Suggest hedging and treasury products to manage market risks, mitigate them and take advantage of market price movement.
- Create and manage internal investments in accordance with the Investment Policy Statement (IPS) and investment guidelines approved by the Board of Directors.
- Elicit Investment opportunities and recommendations, within Strategic allocation of assets allowed.
- Monitor the status of the Asset and Liability Management (ALM) in the organization and its short and long-term financing and liquidity needs.
- Monitor economic and market trends, anticipate the potential impact on the financial sustainability of the organization, and recommend appropriate strategies and procedures.
- Ensure capital preservation and maximize returns from all treasury activities within the limits set by the Assets and Liabilities Committee and risk criteria.
- Supervise the coordination with the Portfolio Management Department to follow up the status of liquid portfolios that are managed externally and suggest any management action in line with the organization’s liquidity policy.
- Supervise coordination with the financial affairs and risk departments on issues related to treasury transactions.
- Manage and develop relationships with financial institutions likely to participate in the organization’s treasury transactions, counterparties, lenders, etc.
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships with various financial institutions through correspondence, meetings, and discussions to ensure adequate and available relationships.
- Coordinate with the consultant in all or some of the activities and issues related to the treasury whenever necessary.
- Manage relationships with book managers, underwriters, lawyers, auditors, and service providers.
- Assume the role of Secretary of the Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO).
- Participate in seminars and conferences related to treasury activities.
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee, the Investment Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain liquidity management data and provide it to management and the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee for decision-making.
- Evaluate portfolio performance against risk/return targets and base rates.
- Prepare studies as required by management and the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee.
- Lead the treasury team to ensure that they receive appropriate technical support and direction.
- Provide direction and guidance when needed on the matter related to establishing, evaluating pricing, structuring, executing, and controlling transactions.
- Provide clear direction, prioritize tasks, assign, and delegate responsibilities, and monitor workflow.
- Provide periodic feedback, develop, and train on a regular basis, and take immediate action when necessary.
- Compliance with the regulations and rules of the organization in all aspects of work
- Continuously ensure the quality of work for all management activities.
- Completion of other related work requested by the direct supervisor.
- University degree in financial management, business administration, statistics, or its equivalent.
- Masters or equivalent preferred.
- A professional certificate in the investment field is preferred, for example (CFA or its equivalent).
- At least 8 years of similar experience in the treasury field in an international bank(s) or reputable international organizations with at least 5 years’ experience as head of treasury.
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar international organizations is preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic in addition to English and (or) French, and knowledge of both is preferred.
- Technical skills:
- Highly skilled in treasury management with a strong background in debt capital markets, fixed income portfolio management, derivatives, asset and liability management, financial management and risk management.
- Skills of trading in money markets, risk management and hedging.
- Proficiency in the use of treasury management systems, trading and information platforms and strong research capabilities.
- Analytical skills and high computer skills.
- A sound understanding of the economic fundamentals and data that affect financial markets.
- Solid knowledge in technical analysis and the use of charts.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and legislation related to job duties.
- Personal and behavioral skills:
- Maintain integrity, confidentiality, professionalism, and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Administrative and leadership skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision while working in a team spirit.
- Creative thinking and keeping pace with development.
- Work under pressure and flexibility at work.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of laws, regulations, and legislation.
- Ability to formulate and set goals with the ability to manage time and performance.
- Personal strength and tact.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|