Let's find out where you can grow your career
HOD: Procurement (Mining / Supply Chain / Strategy / Bidding) – DRC, Central Africa
344 04 22 VG
April 29, 2022
Reference Number: 344 04 22 VG
Our client is an international mining service provider who is seeking a HOD: Procurement, who will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, continuous improvement and execution of the companies Procurement strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the Supply Chain specifically for the materials-oriented goods categories. The ideal incumbent will have strong communication skill, is detail orientated and able to multi-task, eager to learn new software/processes and has experience in the mining industry.
- Lead and direct the work of the purchasing department
- Contract management to include all aspects (e.g. administer, review, manage, file, evaluate, analyse, and negotiate).
- Negotiate or renegotiate and administer contracts with vendors.
- Administer bidding process and contracts (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, etc.).
- Research and evaluate vendors/contracts to ensure it is in compliance with government regulations (e.g. vendor debarment and suspension regulation).
- Evaluate vendors to ensure its performance is aligned with established specifications.
- Communicates the purchasing vision and builds strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Supports the team in identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
- Evaluate order and bid documentation.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Review and maintain good record of purchasing files and records (purchase orders, contracts, etc.) to ensure its compliance with company policies and procedures and ensure the availability of documentation.
- Back up purchasing clerk to include ordering of supplies/goods, equipment and material, reviewing and processing/issuing of purchase order.
- Review and monitor capital purchases to ensure its compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Compile data from variety of sources for analysing and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and monitoring of purchasing processes.
- Continually improve purchasing methods/processes.
- Response to inquiries from internal and external sources in providing information, direction, and or appropriate referrals.
- Special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, economics, or related field required.
- Minimum of 15 years of work experience in purchasing/supply chain of which at least 5 years must be at a senior
- management level
- Mining experience essential, preferably in Africa
- Experience in EPCM contracting, procurement or contractor management
- Knowledge of JDE or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.