HR Deputy General Manager (Mining / Open Pit / Labour Relations / Unions / Human Resources) – Northern Cape, South Africa
Reference No. 370-2403LH
Reference Number: 370-2403LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior HR Specialist from an open pit mining background to join their team as Deputy GM for Human Resources at their operations in the Northern Cape.
- Assisting in overseeing and managing the human resources function for the company’s operations.
- Development and implementation of strategic workforce plans and reporting.
- Learning and development programs development.
- Organisational capability improvement initiatives.
- Developing and implementing HR policies and practices.
- Providing guidance to senior management and executives on HR matters and workforce strategy.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and relations management.
- Labour union liaison.
- Active involvement in recruitment, selection, on-boarding and exiting of employees.
- Ensuring compliance to HSE standards and company practices.
- Compensation and benefits management.
- Performance management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Human Resources or similar.
- Post Graduate qualification preferred.
- 10 years previous experience in human resources management roles in open pit mining environments.
- Well-versed in the Labour Relations Act in South Africa.
- Strong knowledge of DMR regulations and legal frameworks.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, people management and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driver’s license.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Leanne Laas at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.