CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-10-30T12:34:32+00:00
Reference Number: ZAS-1
Reference Number: JOK
The incumbent should be a consummate HR professional with the ability to articulate a clear Human Resources proposition and lead initiatives in the people space in partnership with the business.
The incumbent will need to be a person of principle and integrity.
In addition, the position would serve as Legal Manager for the company and would serve as the resident Legal Manager of the organization. The main responsibility of the Legal Manager is to manage the legal risks affecting the organization and ensure that they are managed and resolved as required by the law or the needs of the business.
- Responsible for delivering OU recruitment targets within the required KPIs.
- Responsible for the implementation of COB/F Talent strategy in OU namely succession planning /recruitment forecasting /work force analysis /talent reviews /potential assessment, to ensure adequate stock of HIPO talent in support of the business objectives.
- Fully co-operate with Vivo Energy led initiatives to monitor, support and promote talent and learning targets in Rwanda in order to improve the Talent Pipeline and promote the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) for prospective candidates and applicants.
- Develop and implement a local learning and development plan that meets the operational and development needs of both the company and Individual.
- Responsible for Country Remuneration and Benefits including the support of pay structures in conformity with the policy.
- Responsible for the implementation of the “Performance, Reward, Benefits and Recognition” philosophy, principles and policy.
- Implement Country HR plans on performance management with a focus on performance tools and processes to enhance the business performance.
- Promote diversity and inclusiveness and support the MD in this area.
- Champion HR Functional Excellence by aggressively developing staff and creating an environment for both organizational and individual excellence and growth. Develop own HR team by coaching, providing learning opportunities and implementing relevant development products in order to provide a competent, professional and customer focused HR service to the business.
- Meet all Company and Rwanda legal reporting requirements, pay system requirements and employment laws and regulations, engaging specialized resources as appropriate.
- Always assess and manage all legal obligations and responsibilities of the Company to ensure that the business of the companies is conducted within the law and regulatory requirements and that the legal function is aligned with the business objectives of the company.
- Assessing and managing all legal risks affecting the Company and ensure that Management is briefed about these risks and the options available to mitigate these risks.
- Check on the various aspects of the operations of the Company, advise on the legality of actions, and ensure compliance with the law. Bring legal issues and concerns to the attention of senior administration and assisting in developing policies to ensure compliance.
- Provide legal representation, advice, counsel, and opinions in all areas of law affecting the Companies, including ethics and compliance and regulatory issues.
- Offer legal guidance about strategic decisions for the betterment and growth of the companies including acquisitions, disposals, joint collaborations etc.
- Conduct appropriate due diligence assessments regarding company transactions.
- Receive and act upon all court summons, pleadings and demand letters served upon the companies.
- Manage, control and monitor instructions to and expenditure by external lawyers engaged to render legal services.
- Ensure that the Company is represented in court by competent advocates. Arrange, attend and direct strategy meetings with external lawyers on how to proceed. Keep a follow up on all the cases in which the Company is a party, to ensure quick and optimal resolution for the company.
- Generate and draft contracts and agreements that are compliant with the law, are aligned to company strategy and business principles, include appropriate and required clauses, and protect the company’s interests.
- Undertake legal review of and advise the companies regarding important legal developments, documents, agreements, policies and procedures.
- Give advice to the Company on labour and employment issues and compliance with relevant Labour Laws, Retirement Benefits Acts among other laws that may touch on employment.
- Ensure proper document management and archiving procedures are adopted, in compliance with the law and good business practices.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The incumbent would preferably have both a Legal and a Human Resources qualification.
- HR and Legal professional background – 8 years minimum with 4 years at a senior level.
- Experience as a Human Resources Manager, and a Company Legal Advisor would be highly desirable.
- The incumbent must be familiar with the laws, regulations and market practice of Rwanda.
- Knowledge and understanding of local labour markets and employment law regimes within the Country.
- Good presentational, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Preferably the incumbent would have been involved in or exposure to senior management
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.