Reference No. 581 0901 MHU
Reference Number: 581 0901 MHU
Our client is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Job purpose: To translate the Company Business Strategy to a Human Resource Strategy; to champion and implement the Human Resource Strategy within the specific business areas within the territories (Southern Africa), in accordance with the applicable legislation, best practice methodologies of Human Capital Management and local and global benchmark people practices, accelerating business results by utilizing human capital. This position will report directly into the Vice President Sales / Managing Director.
- Coordinate the formulation of the Human Resource strategy aligned with the sales area strategy.
- Implement the approved HR strategy within the sales area and adjust the human resource strategy to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Develop, review, update and communicate HR policies within the sales area in consultation with key stakeholders and monitor adherence therein.
- Scan the environment (both international and national) and identify HR emerging trends that would impact the business and the management of people therein.
- Keep abreast of changes to applicable legislation and socio-political changes.
- Provide strategic advice on compliance and implementation of M&As from the management of people perspective
- Lead the following areas within the Sales Area: HR Operations; Recruitment; Onboarding and Induction;
- Manage the termination process for Senior Management; Training and Development; Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Performance Management; Change Management; Organisational Design; HR Contact Centre; Employee Assistance and Health Promotion Programmes
- Employee Relations; Remuneration and Benefits
- Transformation; Sustainability
- Determine and compile annual budget forecast for submission to Vice President for approval.
- Monitor and control budget, producing monthly budget review reports.
- Approve expenses and ensure alignment to approved budget.
- Identify cost saving initiatives to maximise financial profitability
- Comply with safety regulations and internal standards and procedures.
- Comply with applicable legislation i.e. Section 21 of Mine, Health & Safety Act.
- Monitor compliance of team members to safety regulations, applicable legislation and internal standards and procedures.
- Manage the implementation of limits of authority, internal controls, internal and external audits and compliance to BBBEE and sustainability
- Manage the recruitment of subordinates in accordance with HR policy and procedures.
- Manage performance of subordinates through the development of performance agreements and conducting performance reviews.
- Identify learning opportunities for subordinates through the identification of areas for development, coaching and recommending formal functional training when required.
- Implement talent management and succession planning frameworks.
- Manage sound employee relations in accordance with HR policy and procedures
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Honours Degree in Human Resource Management minimum
- MBA/MBL (advantageous)
- 10 years’ experience in human resource management, of which 5 years is in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in Manufacturing, retail or mining background
- Organisational design and development experience
- Employee relations experience
- Experience handling multiple country exposure outside of South Africa
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Competitive package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Team Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.