Let's find out where you can grow your career
Human Resource Manager (Mining / Expat / Leadership / Strategic transformation) – Namibia
April 14, 2022
Reference Number: 323 VG
Our Client, a global mining plant located in Namibia is seeking a HR Manager to join their team. The ideal incumbent would be a transformational people leader with proven experience in leading and mobilizing teams. Someone who is often referred to as a change agent, influencer, and mentor, and has a strong passion and affinity for developing talent and leveraging skills. Additionally, the incumbent will be a part of operational leadership teams, providing strategic, practical, and nimble solutions to support business priorities and evolve culture. The role requires someone who is a big-picture thinker who can also delve into details. Someone who is fueled by change, who enjoys challenging the status quo, and who has an innate ability in bringing people along.
- Lead, inspire, and develop the HR team and be accountable for the service, performance, and deliverables.
- Actively coach, counsel, and support operational leaders on a broad range of people programs and practices, including workforce planning, organizational design, performance management, training & development, recruitment & onboarding, talent management, compensation & benefits, labour relations, systems & reporting, governance and internal communications.
- Collaborate with operational leaders to identify gaps and opportunities that impact business results and develop short- and long-term people strategies and solutions to address them and achieve business goals.
- As a member of the Group HR Leadership Team and Operational Leadership Team, you would be required to participate and contribute to the regular meetings and provide updates as appropriate.
- Develop, review, and update the company’s HR procedures and processes to ensure compliance with Group Standards and local legislation and regulations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with union representatives and provide guidance on all union related matters, including interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, grievances, etc.
- Develop and execute attraction and retention strategies to maintain talent within the business.
- Research and identify improvement initiatives and technology to enhance the company’s HR processes and practices, aligning them to business plan, operational priorities, company values and market trends
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor's Degree / College Diploma in Business, Psychology, Human Resources, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years' related HR generalist experience, with 5+ years' leading and managing a team.
- Can speak and write in English and Afrikaans
- Proven experience in transforming culture and delivering world-class HR service to an operation.
- Strong experience working in a unionized environment is required.
- Solid experience managing a broad range of HR programs, processes and activities.
- Experience using HR software and systems is required.
- Familiarity of the mining industry and working at an industrial site is a big plus.
Benefits and Contractual information:
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.