Reference No. LCSF02
Human Resource Manager (Transport / Logistics / Strategy) – Johannesburg, South-Africa
Reference Number: LCSF02
An exciting Transport and Logistic company are looking for a Human Resource Manager. The Human Resources Manager has overall responsibility to aid, advice and support the company’s Managers about Human Resources related topics. The HR Manager assumes responsibility to support and provide inputs to the HR Strategy and the coordination and management of the Administrative and Talent Areas of Human Resources at the Company. The objective is for the Company to reach the next level in the management of its Human Resources.
- Participate in the HR Strategy exercise providing inputs and insights to the Group HR Manager and the company's General Manager.
- Design, implement and monitor the evolution of HR Projects and HR initiatives.
- Manage the HR team ensuring the maximum level of service.
- Design and implement the Recruitment & Hiring Strategy according with Company needs.
- Regularly engage with Department Managers in order to understand bottlenecks and challenges related with HR Management in order to develop designed solutions to solve the issues.
- Manage the Assessment of Job Applicants and participate in the interviews with the Department Managers and provide advice about the most suitable candidates.
- Analyze and propose the suitable workforce structure and adjusted headcount per Department considering the volumes, complexity and requirements per Department and Job Role.
- Ensure the best utilization of the Company’s human resources, proposing internal reorganizations of the teams and make organizational structure more efficient.
- Definition of Job Descriptions and Job Profiles for all positions within Company.
- Coordinate and monitor the Performance Management Process and providing the proper assistance to Department Managers.
- Coordinate and manage the Career Process within the Company, providing assistance to managers and employees when needed.
- Identification of Training Needs and Development of Key Competences for the workforce; coordinating training and reviewing development needs.
- Review and advice about Individual Development plans with the Managers, whenever necessary.
- Manage the process of Talent Management and Succession Management in the Company.
- Supervise the Administrative area, supporting and advising particularly on Payroll process in order to ensure that salaries are paid timeously; guarantee the compliance with all legal requirements regarding Payroll and ensure that only correct statutory or lawful deductions are made from any employee’s salary; ensure that HR Archive is organized, and all salary information is up to date and kept confidential.
- Update the Compensation Model and Salary Table in coordination with the Group HR Manager and JJB General Manager.
- Develop HR Reports when needed.
- Ensure that FMS has always correct data and introduction of corrective measures when needed.
- Manage and ensure all expatriate processes are legally followed and at all times the expatriate DIRE’s, working permit and contract are kept up to date and they are guided with the local laws to ensure no contraventions.
- Supporting and liaise with HR System Developers, on the development of new Human Resources Management Modules.
- Liaise and coordinate with Trade Union and all Governmental Labor Authorities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those entities.
- Definition and Implementation of Group Internal Policies in line with the company’s reality and the current legislation.
- Contribute for the finalization and implementation of Internal Regulation document.
- Manage the induction and onboarding process procedures to assist with the Integration of new employees, ensuring a rapid and effective induction to new employees.
- Coordinate internal social activities especially where motivation is a gain and ensure the maintenance of a good organizational environment.
- Coordinate Company communication to the Employees.
- Design and implement Employee Integration and Wellbeing initiatives in the Company.
- Develop in coordination with the training the biannual Satisfaction Survey in the Company.
- Execute other responsibilities and tasks requested by the Executive and Senior Management team.
- Academic Background: Degree in HR, Sociology, Psychology and Legal.
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 5-8 years, preferably in Transports, Logistics or Human Resources Consultancy in International Companies.
- Good understanding of the Business and Business Needs.
- IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point).
- Others: English – full command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Time availability.
- LI: Minimum of 21.
• Soft Skills:
o Good communication skills.
o Empathy and ability to work in a team.
o Good judgment and strong profit orientation.
o Hard worker, with high levels of energy and self-motivation.
o Results orientated with delivery capabilities and good time management skills.
o Planning and Organization Skills.
o Decision making skills.
o Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, Managers, and external 3rd parties (governmental).
o Conflict management ability.
o Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism, and assertiveness approach
o Good judgment and ability to lead by example by demonstrating high ethical and moral behavior whilst ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety, Environmental & Security and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies for yourself and any of your direct reports.
o Show high levels of skills and interest in developing direct reports.
o Available to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
o PRO: BA/CD
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.