Reference No. JASB-001-MMI
Reference Number: JASB-001-MMI
Our client a leading financial services provider is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect, to be based in Pretoria, South Africa. The Enterprise Architect will provide guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices to ensure integrity and consistency across every employed or prospective implementation technology, to address current realities and future opportunities in line with the strategy of the enterprise.
- Contribute to the ICT strategy in terms of Business, Data/Information, Applications, Technology Infrastructure Integration and Security.
- Responsible for a rigorous description of the enterprise – across systems, programmes, and business areas – including its business entities, their properties, and relationships between them and the external environment.
- Oversee and guide the integration of the Architecture Domains. Ensure the architecture of the enterprise is optimised, and all Architecture Domains (Business Architecture, Data Architecture, Application architecture, Technology Architecture) integrate (and inter-operate) in a cost-effective manner, with minimum effort and maximum benefit to the organisation.
- Provide vision and insight to proactively assist in defining the direction for strategic IT projects.
- Keep up to date with and have a clear understanding of the capabilities and benefits of new/emerging technologies in order to apply same in a business context.
- Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation, and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that Enterprise Architecture objectives are consistent with the organisation’s long-term business objectives.
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, component models, and detailed design specifications to ensure architecture standards are followed.
- Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determine technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent system design leading to desired customer experiences.
- Share best practices, lessons and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current, and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Collaborate with all relevant parties to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the industry practices.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the process of negotiating objective and realistic service level agreements, monitor appropriateness and recommend adjustments.
- Define service practices which builds rewarding relationships, encourages innovation and allows others to provide exceptional client service.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Build relationships through providing specialist know-how and leadership to others, expressing positive expectations.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialisation.
- Positively influence and manage change and offer specialist support where required.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas and involvement of colleagues and staff.
- Participate and contribute to a culture of work centric thinking, productivity, service delivery and quality management.
- Take ownership for driving career development.
- Contribute to the development of area specific budgets to minimise expenditure, in alignment with operational plans.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Implement and provide input into governance processes, systems, and legislation within area of specialisation.
- Escalate unresolved policy and governance compliance issues via appropriate channels for investigation and resolution purposes.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes development and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology qualification
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in technical leadership roles
- At least 5 years’ senior software programming
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Full Software Development Life cycle, rolling out complicated processes
- Knowledge of underlying IT architectures and technologies
- Business architectures
- Applications architectures
- Data architectures
- Technical Architectures
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL and COBIT
- Communications skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Influence and persuading
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Relevant Post Graduate Degree
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Jamie Adams at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.