Insurance Manager (Mining / Reinsurance / Risk Management / Africa Entities) - Gauteng
Our client is seeking an Insurance Manager with extensive experience in the mining industry to join their team in Gauteng.
- Transfer and allocate operational risks of the company entities to acceptable insurance providers.
- Ensure that an effective insurance protection system is in place for company enterprises / entities in South Africa and Africa.
- Settlement of losses and preparation of loss analyses.
- Ensure company compliance with insurance procedures, taking risk transfer into consideration.
- Insurance oversight for social protection and employee property interests.
- Developing and implementing insurance frameworks and procedures.
- Overseeing annual insurance renewals for the group.
- Managing the insurable risk portfolio for the group.
- Budgeting and cost control.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a similar relevant degree.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in insurance within the mining industry.
- Risk management experience within the mining industry.
- Experience with local and Africa assets / entities.
- Excellent financial and business acumen.
- Strong communication skills on all levels and with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.