Let's find out where you can grow your career
Investment Associate (Credit Analysis / Portfolio Management / Research / Strategy) – London, England
June 2, 2022
Reference Number: SF35
An exciting global Development Finance client is seeking to hire an Investment Associate with a focus on credit. The Associate will be part of the Financial Services Group in London, reporting to the Trade & Supply Chain Finance team. Responsible for providing analysis of financial institutions across Africa, South Asia, the Indo-Pacific and Caribbean. The successful candidate will be primarily focused on credit analysis and research. The candidate will be an integral part of the deal team, conducting analysis on new FI investments and supporting the monitoring of existing investments. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing and dynamic team that is a core part of the organization and to gain a wide experience to FI’s across the organization’s markets.
- Credit analysis, research, strategy, and due diligence:
- Carrying out credit analysis on emerging market financial institutions.
- Developing macro knowledge on sectors and markets.
- Providing internal credit recommendations to drive credit-driven decision making.
- Contributing to product, country, and program strategies.
- Contributing to investment proposals.
- Drafting research notes for internal and external distribution.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis or research activities relevant to the Trade & Supply Chain Finance business.
- Portfolio management and monitoring:
- Keeping on top of relevant news, financial releases, and rating actions relevant to the investment portfolio.
- Developing relationships with existing investment clients to develop and grow the trade portfolio.
- Ensure limits for existing clients are accurate and up-to-date.
- Active relationship monitoring including: month-end reporting, utilization, covenant and limit monitoring;
- Updating internal trade monitoring systems.
- Liaising with the organization’s internal third parties such as country representatives and external third parties such as rating agencies.
- Background, skills, aptitude:
- Gained suitable credit experience (involving financial institutions analysis) is required.
- Formal credit training within a rating agency, bank, funds, or similar institution.
- Experienced with emerging market banks preferable.
- Relevant experience in conducting sovereign and / or banking industry country risk analysis in EM is a plus.
- Obtained or studying toward CFA, CITF, CDCS, ACA or MBA would be a plus.
- Relevant experience with Trade Finance is a plus.
- Relevant experience within African and / or Asian markets is a plus.
- Understanding of development impact is a plus.
- Foreign language skills such as French, relevant to those spoken in the organization’s geographies may be an additional advantage.
- Credit analysis skills and ability to analyze FI financial statements and make commercial assessments.
- Risk analysis skills with ability to analyze and monitor key risks such as macro risk, sector risk, country / sovereign risk including political risk.
- Analytical and research skills (including the ability to analyze FI reports, sector data, economics, and relevant political events).
- Financial modelling and Excel skills.
- Good business communication and presentation skills.
- Evidence of relationship building and ability to develop a network of relevant external contacts, as well as internally across different teams.
- An active interest in investing in developing countries and understanding of emerging market environments, with a willingness to travel.
- Demonstrable alignment with the organization’s mandate, mission, and values.
- Candidate generic values / traits.
- Candidates must be strongly motivated by the organization’s proposition. This requires:
- An awareness of and appreciation for the organization’s objectives.
- Some evidence of these values is useful (e.g., volunteering, career changes due to changing motivations).
- An appreciation of the organization’s activities and a passion to be part of the organization’s continued growth.
- Appropriate periods with each previous employer and explicable career moves.
- The flexibility and desire to spend time and travel in the countries in which the organization invests.
- An understanding of the remuneration and its structure, with the trade-offs it requires.
- Collaborative mindset and strong team-working skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Must be willing to relocate to London
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.