Reference No. SF38
Reference Number: SF38
An exciting global Development Finance client is seeking to hire an Investment Associate with a focus on Energy & Efficiency to join their team. The Investment Associate will primarily support the senior members of the EAE team in the execution of the team’s mandate. Alongside your day-to-day work, you will be part of a programme of informal mentoring and formal training designed to build both technical and soft skills. You will be expected to build experience and expertise over time and progressively take on additional responsibility within the EAE team.
- Evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities: Analyze financial information relating to specific companies; build and/or analyze financial models and conduct sensitivity analysis; Support the production of investment proposals for the Investment Committee and participate in the meetings; Conduct detailed debt repayment and covenant analysis on companies using various methods; Identify key company, sector, and country risks and potential mitigation strategies; Support senior team members in the structuring and negotiation of key transaction terms and legal documents.
- Portfolio monitoring: Review company reports to monitor compliance with covenants and flag any potential credit issues; Process waivers or amendment requests; Prepare monitoring papers for consideration by the organization’s Investment Committee; Maintain pipeline and portfolio monitoring databases for transactions covered by the EAE team.
- Research: Research into regions, countries, sectors and specific businesses or projects on an ad-hoc basis, including support for sector mapping exercises; Tracking market developments and financial news to identify trends or issues that might affect the pipeline and portfolio companies.
- Background, skills, aptitude
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g., economics, finance, corporate finance, accounting).
- Experience working in a relevant investment setting (e.g., bank, fund, DFI).
- Proven experience with financial modelling and Excel as part of an investment / advisory team.
- Exposure to emerging market finance, especially in Africa and Asia, is an advantage.
- Exposure to renewable and/or decentralized energy and resource efficiency is an advantage.
- Essential skills:
- Research and analytical skills, including the ability to analyze company reports, sector data, relevant economic and political events.
- Good business communication and presentation skills.
- Strong credit skills and sound commercial judgement.
- Outstanding writing and document production skills in Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to juggle work priorities while meeting deadlines and managing time effectively.
- Collaborative team player, able to work and build relationships effectively across teams.
- Desirable skills:
- An active interest in investing in developing markets and understanding of emerging market environments, with a willingness to travel to the countries in which the organization invests.
- Foreign language skills, particularly those spoken in organization’s geographies would be an additional advantage.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by the organization’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.