Reference No. LCSF10
Investment Risk Analyst (Risk management / Performance Control / Technical and Analytical Support) – Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Reference Number: LCSF10
A new institutional asset management firm based in Abidjan is looking for an Investment Risk Analyst. The firm currently manage a fund of funds which targets listed equity and fixed income markets in Africa. The main objective of the position is to contribute to the development and maintenance of the investment risk management and performance process. The analyst will be responsible for providing technical and analytical support in the implementation and operation of the platform that will: ensure that the risks taken by external portfolio managers with respect to mandates are understood, appropriate and in line with guidelines; monitor and explain P&L and results; support portfolio construction.
The position has a certain versatility and covers a wide scope. It offers the opportunity to join a new investment structure which will contribute in transforming the institutional investment landscape in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa.
The main activities to be carried out will be the following:
- Development of the investment risk management platform:
- Assist the CIO in the development and maintenance of methodologies, tools, arrangements and procedures necessary for the management of investment risks, the evaluation of performance, the reduction of operational risks and the automation of the tasks of the team.
- Development of the database
- Monitor good practices in the management of financial risks in institutional investment and propose ideas
- Support the creation of new funds of funds targeting private asset classes in particular private debt, private equity, infrastructure.
- Risk and performance control:
- Collect all the information necessary for the analysis and attribution of risks and performance.
- Support the development of risk and performance analysis dashboards and reports.
- Produce and update periodic investment risk and performance reports.
- Support on projects related to risk analysis and investment performance.
- Control and monitor the smooth running of investment operations carried out on behalf of investors.
- Assist on the pre-investment quantitative analysis and due diligence for investment vehicle.
- Monitor and analyze economic and political events impacting the risk profile of the portfolio.
- Assist ton the preparation of materials for the investment committee meetings.
- Documentation and Governance:
- Draft technical documentation on all risk management and performance measurement procedures.
- Training, experience, and profile:
- Degree specializing in Finance, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Econometrics or Actuarial Science (University, Business School, Engineering School)
- 2 to 4 Years of experience in asset management, investment banking or consulting. This experience includes quantitative risk and/or performance analysis.
- Technical and personal skills expected:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a start-up environment.
- Deep interest in investment risk management and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of performance indicators, risk management techniques and characteristics of financial instruments.
- Project management skills.
- Perfect command of office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of at least one (1) programming language is a plus (VBA, SQL…)
- Familiarity with financial information systems is a plus (Bloomberg, S&P)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audience.
- Team player
- Sense of detail, rigor, responsiveness, flexibility.
- Desire to pursue a career in asset management in Africa.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. However, your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|