Reference No. AAL0025
Reference Number: AAL0025
The incumbent will maintain ongoing research of Fintech firms, in which investments have the prospect of dramatically improving investment performance, and add significant value to with a focus on banking value chain financial technology tools, including but not limited to visualization tools, optimization, automation platforms, and financial market infrastructure.
The FSM will be responsible for establishing the direction of the Fintech strategy within the organization, and represent the fund externally, whilst also managing relationships with third-party Fintech partners.
- Lead project teams for fintech investments including co-supervising and providing guidance and mentoring peers on Fintech transaction processing, including conducting company due diligence, valuation, financial analysis, and transaction structuring.
- Provides guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop team’s knowledge and understanding of the Fintech market and opportunities within.
- Foster the strategic direction of the company’s Fintech investment mandate, through researching Fintech investment opportunities, and novel technology solutions with an eye on investing.
- Leverage the portfolio management and deal opportunity technology tools availed to the Investment team, and where necessary, investigate and promote additional technology to advance the company’s Fintech investment strategy.
- In conjunction with the senior leadership of company and key stakeholders, develop short to long term Fintech investment pipeline, including defining alternate Fintech market investment opportunities, investment budget requirements, team resourcing, and support structures required to effectively manage the Fintech investment portfolio.
- Supports and helps to establishing links with external technology companies that can align with the company’s strategic efforts.
- As required, support the Investment and Banking Development teams in determining the company’s Fintech investee opportunities within the company’s Partner bank network, and beyond.
- Communicates and participates cross-divisionally with other technical experts to remain on the forefront of advances in technologies, tools, and applications within the investment management ecosystem.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Honour’s degree or equivalent within relevant field.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in Fintech investment management, including sourcing, analyzing, preparation of investment feasibility papers, deal conclusion and management of Fintech investments.
- Strong expertise in financial modeling and valuation techniques of Fintech’s within a development world to facilitate sound investment initiatives.
- Clear evidence of having a broad network in the fintech investment community at large.
- Advanced understanding of current and emerging Fintech solutions and technologies, including understanding of sub-sectors of Fintech (such as payments, credit) and application of Fintech solutions for banking institutions.
- Deep understanding of tech-driven business models with the potential to disrupt existing industries and/or expanding reach to new markets.
- Technical proficiency (advanced) in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Business experience in applying FinTech solutions and technologies to solve customer pain points and/or enable the Bank to gain a significant competitive advantage.
- Excellent understanding of financial sector, including products, banking operations, emerging banking technology and banking innovation and interaction with the business sector at large.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Position: Permanent
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Angus Lewis at email@example.com
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Banking, Finance & Information Technology
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.