IT Superintendent (Mining / Hardware / Maintenance / Software) – Sierra Leone, West Africa
Reference No. 2504 008 SS
Reference Number: 2504 008 SS
Our client is seeking an IT Superintendent who will manage the organizations’ computer systems, including software, hardware and networks. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, installing, and supporting the entire system and knowledgeable in computer systems, such as security infrastructure and / or telecommunications. Furthermore, the incumbent will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs; along with complying with group standards.
- Support the IT Manager in managing information technology and computer systems.
- Comply to HSE and operating standards and procedures.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Support the IT Manager to manage IT staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- IT Helpdesk management.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Assist the IT manager to audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Must document system configurations, updates they make to a system and any new procedures or policies created in their work.
- Their documentation is used by other IT staff or management to see what changes or creations have been made to their systems.
- Oversee IT staff and coordinate with vendors and internal users when implementing a new system.
- Setup meetings, present information and order supplies and equipment when working on a project.
- Asset Management – to track, audit and register all IT Departmental assets, including desktop computers, laptops, printers, smart phones and assets as defined by the IT manager.
- Maintain up-to-date asset register internally and provide reports when requested.
- Create, configure, maintain and administer servers on site as well as in Azure cloud.
- IT Stock control: Manage stock levels and purchase as required to avoid downtime.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Azure – Active Directory.
- 5+ years’ experience in a large organization, preferred in a mining environment – excess of 300 users.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Service Desk management and/or administration.
- Diploma in Computer Systems
- Proven working experience in an IT Supervisory role – Superintendent or Manager.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Infrastructure knowledge in relation to LAN – Fiber optics, switchgear, wireless bridges, access points and other as defined by the IT Manager.
- A+, N+, MCSE / MCSA, CCNA.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 9/3 Roster
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.