Reference No. 001 1901 SS
Reference Number: 001 1901 SS
Our client, an international mining service provider is seeking an IT Technician who will offer IT support to all its users in terms of hardware and software tasks. The ideal candidate should be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ensuring compliance to the companies IT SOP’s by following procedures to ensure systems and equipment security and integrity.
- Providing helpdesk support to users as required.
- Assisting with IT project implantation.
- Performing troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc).
- Organizing and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Rolling out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Providing orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Assisting with network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, email systems including emails web server, internet access, office systems and applications support.
- Supporting server, network and desktop hardware software and applications.
- Responding to equipment malfunctions by referring to operating instructions or advising supervisor of major malfunctions.
- Operating other information technology related equipment such as scanners, printers, plotters, graphics equipment, etc.
- Assisting with the purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software.
- Ensuring timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the company.
- Ensuring compliance to QMS standards.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A completed tertiary qualification in IT or relevant field.
- MSCE qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to balance several tasks simultaneously.
- Exposure to server and end user products.
- Knowledge of proactive / preventative maintenance and monitoring systems.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market related salary.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.