Let's find out where you can grow your career
Jumbo Operator ( Mining / Services / Underground Mining / Expat ) – Western Africa
144 06 08 MNW
August 6, 2021
Reference Number: 144 06 08 MNW
Our client, one of the world’s leading hard rock, mining services companies, is seeking a professional with depth and demonstrated experience in Front-line development Jumbo roles to operate state of the art machines for an established mine in Western Africa. This operator will have a crucial role while working in an exciting environment.
- Accurately drill several drive drill patterns using a mechanized electric/Hydraulic Jumbo drill suitable to ground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements.
- Read and accurately follow mining instruction plan with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient, and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers as required.
- Optimize drill patterns to ensure maximum advance per round is achieved whilst maintaining strict adherence to design specifications.
- Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties including ensuring electrical installations and services are clear of the drilling area.
- Must always set high standards and always do processes the right way no matter the difficulty of task.
- Expected to present yourself and, by association, the company in a respectful and considerate manner that is aligned to company principles.
- Will be required to impart knowledge and skill onto local workforce that has a positive effect on local communities.
- Engage in cultural awareness activities and training to help with your interactions with local employees and communities.
- Must be patient, understanding and behave as an appreciative guest in the country you are engaged for.
- Must be resilient and able to work through challenging situations.
- Inspect equipment, troubleshoot problems and ensure safety and mine worthiness.
- Complete and Maintain equipment log sheets and reports.
- Comply with work safety policies and safety regulations such as OH&S.
- Perform pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Front-line operator in high-speed development mechanized mines.
- Demonstrated experience in Front-line development Jumbo roles (250+ meters per month).
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve a minimum of two (2) each 4.9m cuts per shift bolt, mesh and bore, Using the jumbo to suit conditions of the ore drive.
- Expat experience is ideal.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate Contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.