Reference No. KMCDT2
A leading and highly rated Stockbroking company is seeking a Settlement & Operations Officer to join their team. in a critical role which offers excellent exposure. This role will be responsible for managing the settlement of all Fx Derivative and Bond Trades in terms of the JSE Rules, and to support the Operations Team with other duties.
- Manage the settlement obligations of all Fx, Derivative and Bond Trades in terms of the relevant exchange Rules and Directives.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are implemented and necessary action is taken to facilitate settlement of all transactions in accordance with the relevant exchange Rules and Directives.
- Advise the relevant exchange of any issue that may potentially impact on settlement of a transaction.
- Co-operate with the Settlement Authority of the relevant exchange to ensure the efficient and timeous settlement of all transactions.
- Deal with and follow up with the relevant stakeholders, including Banks, Clients, and Custodians to ensure transactions are committed to within the specified timelines.
- Effectively resolve queries as they arise.
- Notification of problem transactions needs to be done immediately to affected members and clients.
- Constant monitoring and communication of trade statuses to clients, banks and the relevant exchange where required.
- Liaise with bank to ensure payment limits are appropriate.
- Liaise with bank to temporarily lift intra-day limits (Lift Fating Process).
- Reconcile Net Settlements schedules to Bank Statements, and BDA.
- Review Client Brokerage Figures for reasonability and update Database with Figures.
- Follow exchange instructions regarding failed trades if required.
- Monitor trade exclusions as required to ensure correctly dealt with.
- Data Capture and Enquiries on the JSE’s Broker Dealer Accounting System (BDA).
- Ad-Hoc requests as and when required.
- Assist with the processing and settlement of local and international trades for the FX Derivatives Market when required.
- Taking note of relevant Exchange Communications and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Testing as required.
- Compiling of incident reports analysing the root cause of any possible breaches and recommend preventative measures.
- Be cognizant of the relevant Compliance requirements.
- Support the Compliance Officer to ensure Compliance with applicable legislation including Exchange Rules and Directives, taxation, etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skills
- JSE EXAM- BCom, B.Compt or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Strong preferred for completion of, or studies towards, JSE Exams as listed below:
- Introduction to Financial Markets (RPE)
- Regulations and Ethics of the South African Financial Markets (RPE)
- Bond Settlement Officer Exams (JSE Exam)
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a stockbroking environment (preferred) or a Fund Services Asset Management Administration environment with exposure to investment/financial markets.
- A solid understanding of financial instruments, including Fixed Income and Derivative Instruments.
- Knowledge and experience on local and international settlements.
- Able to work on various IT systems (advanced Excel, Accounting Exchange Systems, including Nutron, MecrasBDA and Swordfish.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Kyle Magnussen at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.