Key Accounts Manager ( Mining / Turnkey Solutions / Technical / Processing / SADC ) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference No. 251 09 RR
Reference Number: 251 09 RR
Our client, an international mining service provider is seeking a Key Accounts Manager who will be responsible for the marketing, sale and order intake of the company’s projects, spare parts, and technical services within a specific allocated client base in South Africa and within certain allocated country responsibility within the SADC region.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships and trust with new and existing clients at multi levels within our market sector and allocated client base in order to ensure company influence of client decisions, receipt of target enquiries and maximum client orders.
- Regular visits & meetings with clients (multi-levels) to obtain information, insight and client support towards company for the supply into client strategy (technology development path) and operational planning (modernisations, upgrades, repairs, maintenance, spare parts supply, outsourcing, technical services, etc.).
- Act as liaison support between allocated Southern African clients and other company group divisions.
- Keep up to date with all company technical information.
- Distribute new marketing and sales information to prospective and existing customers.
- Meet, or exceed annual personal order intake targets.
- On an ongoing basis, perform market & client analysis and provide recommendations and forecasts for a specified Financial Year for order income from allocated clients and countries.
- Set annual business plan for allocated client base.
- Keep regular contact with clients and potential clients to ensure knowledge of all challenges, requirements for improvement, projects, spare parts, and technical services requirements enabling the company to achieve order income from such opportunities.
- Facilitate and ensure issue of maximum number of enquiries by clients to the company.
- Facilitate competitive, timeous and order intake winning tender responses to clients.
- Keep up to date with the actions of the competitors of the company within your allocated client base and countries.
- Conduct, facilitate and support company technical sales visits to our existing and potential client base, your allocated client base, and your countries of responsibility.
- Continuously facilitate and perform project, spare parts, and technical services sales activities on behalf of the company, within our market with the objective to maximise order intake.
- Perform projects, spare parts, and technical services enquiry evaluations.
- Facilitate interaction between company technical experts and clients.
- Facilitate pre and post tender activities as required.
- Monitor execution of related incoming orders.
- Monitor order financial status and ensure adherence to agreed terms and conditions, including initiation of milestone invoices.
- Facilitate technical contract negotiation and finalisation with clients.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate any on-site activities that might be required within your allocated client base and countries.
- Deal with all guarantee claims and related matters.
- Receive and study all client enquiries.
- Facilitate the company to obtain tenders and orders for projects, modernisations, services, and spare parts, maximising local scope of supply & services.
- Perform all actions required to take proposals through to order intake and contract execution stage.
- Order & contract negotiations
- Support & assist contract execution.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all company directives and quality control manuals.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Eng./BSc. (Eng.) Degree or Technikon Diploma
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering qualification is required
- Advanced Account Management, and complex solution selling
- A good knowledge of the iron and steel industry, non-ferrous metals industry, steelmaking, casting, rolling mill, forging, and/or smelting industries is required.
- Previous operations/maintenance experience within at least one of the above industries is required.
- Previous sales/marketing experience within one of the above industries is preferred, but not required.
- An understanding of metals processing plants and equipment.
- South African Nationals are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Opportunity
- Competitive Annual Package
- Opportunity to join a reputable global brand
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.