Laboratory Manager (Panalytical Zetium / Desktop XRF / Wet Chemicals / Analysis / Chemist) - Nigeria
Our client is seeking an experienced Laboratory Manager from a background working for well-renowned labs on large-scale desktop XRF equipment to join their team in Nigeria.
- Lead, direct, and support all aspects of laboratory work.
- Overseeing sample analysis and preparation.
- Using various analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Validating methods and equipment.
- Perform non-routine analytical services.
- Training and mentoring of laboratory staff.
- Manage and oversee planned and unplanned maintenance of infrastructure, equipment and instrumentation.
- Carrying out and reporting on proficiency testing.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring quality, health and safety standards are maintained.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Chemical Engineering / Chemistry Degree.
- 15 years’ experience in well-renowned laboratories with at least 8 years at management level.
- 10 years experience on sample analysis.
- 10 years experience with large-scale desktop XRF technologies.
- 2 years experience with Panalytical Zetium machines.
- Experience with wet chemical test apparatus.
- Well-versed in SOP’s for analytical work, sampling procedures and preparation, maintenance of equipment etc.
- ECOWAS candidates encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Residential contact with 2 flights per year.
- Single status only.