Lead Electrical Engineer (EHV / OHL / EPC / Oil / Gas)
The job at this level is responsible for leading a team of engineers to carry out the engineering deliverables related to preparation of Bid Proposal or an EPC or FEED project. The lead engineer also may sometimes be required to assist another lead engineer for preparing the discipline deliverables based on the specific project requirement. This can include site visits and close liaison with the Design Office Coordinator, Project Engineering manager and Client.
- Receives allocated duties and reviews enquiry documentation from client together with Scope of Work to understand what is required. Raises queries where there is lack of clarity. Interfaces with other disciplines to ensure integration of activities.
- Finalizes and plans deliverable list of the project in consultation with Drafting Office Coordinator, planning engineer.
- Creates drawings and document register to ensure all deliverables are accountable and completed on time.
- Reviews/ prepares specifications, data sheets etc. to meet requirements of allocated tasks.
- Coordinates with the Drafting Office Co-ordinator for the checking and issuing of drawings.
- Reviews/ Prepare the PR, including the Bill of Materials; Specifications; Datasheets, Drawings; Inspection test requirements; and vendor data requirements.
- Reviews / Prepares Scope of work documents for subcontract.
- Undertakes technical evaluations of vendor offers for the more complex items to ensure PR’s technical details are satisfied.
- Review and approval of Vendor Documents
- Attending Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for functional Tests.
- Undertakes pre-engineering site surveys to provide input information to facilitate detailed engineering.
- Provides reports on project progress against the approved plans and budgets, bringing to notice potential problems or delays and recommends solutions.
- Prepares man-hour estimates for Engineering deliverables at the estimation stage, for consideration in the development of the final bid.
- Reviews/ Prepares material take-offs for Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
- Provides input for the development of the Planning Package.
- Receives “as built” information from the Project Management Team, reviews content and, if satisfied, passes to drafting for production of drawings.
- Familiarization with standard industry discipline related software, such as ETAP
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Sc. in Engineering.
- 15 year’s engineering experience out of with minimum 6 years in oil and gas industry.
- Experience as lead engineer.
- Experience in EHV Gas Insulated Switchgear (115 kV and above).
- Experience in Overhead Transmission Line for 33 kV and above
- Experience in EHV submarine cable - preferable
- Knowledge of engineering software.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical knowledge and skills for the subject discipline
- Good communication skills.
- Good planning and decision-making skills.