Reference No. 286 02 RR
Reference Number: 286 02 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer to join their company's project development team, specifically for their mining projects. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and providing technical expertise in electrical engineering, designing, and implementing electrical systems for our mining projects, including tailings facilities.
- Lead and manage the electrical engineering design process for mining projects from concept to completion, including tailings facilities
- Develop project electrical design criteria and specifications in compliance with national and international standards
- Review and approve electrical engineering design packages submitted by external consultants or contractors
- Provide technical support to the project team during construction, commissioning, and start-up phases
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to ensure design integration and optimization
- Lead and support the preparation of tender documentation, proposals, and bid evaluations for electrical engineering services and equipment
- Participate in project risk assessments and HSE reviews
- Monitor and control electrical engineering costs and schedules
- Manage the electrical engineering team and external contractors to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, standards, and best practices in electrical engineering
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in electrical engineering design and project management for mining projects
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in project development and construction, preferably within the mining sector
- Proven experience in electrical engineering design, calculations, and analysis
- Strong knowledge of relevant national and international codes, standards, and regulations
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), French would be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel and work at project sites
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate option
- Competitive USD Net package + Accommodation + Medical + Insurances
- FIFO rotation (3:1 ratio) to be discussed
- Bonus is performance based and discretionary
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.