Lead Estimation Engineer (Costing / Engineering / Procurement / Construction)
My client is looking for an Estimator in the ‘Engineering Department’ and the incumbent shall be responsible for estimate preparation during all phases of engineering development viz. Select phase to the final FEED package having estimates for EPC works. Accordingly, the candidate is expected to possess necessary experience and skills for Class 5 to Class 1 estimation techniques depending on the maturity level of project definition.
- Development of in-house cost database from executed projects, budgetary quotes, and other relevant data
- Ensure company procedures / client procedures are adhered to
- Review of FEED design / Tender documents
- Organize / take part in Estimation initiation & review meetings
- Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity (internal and external customers)
- Co-ordinate & follow-up to ensuring post bid clarifications are addressed.
- All in-house co-ordination for preparation of estimates (Select and FEED phase as well as bid phase) including follow-up, collection of input from various sub-contractors or 3rd party.
- Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project.
- Responsible for review/preparation of OME (Order of magnitude estimate) before onward submissions.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
- Responsible to verify detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from FEED / tender documentation.
- Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be included referring to the location of supplementary information.
- Ensure completeness of Subcontract Enquiry Packages.
- Ensure Subcontractor responses are complete & tabulated accurately on a Bid Evaluation spreadsheet.
- Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared
- Proactively work with the Procurement Group to ensure Vendors RFQ Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare / Review the preparation of the construction schedule, providing man hours and equipment requirements for each activity and ensure correctness to capture anticipated durations and manning.
- Assist Engineering / Proposal Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to the Company. R&O Matrix is to serve as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the Cost Estimate.
- Ensures the Estimate Basis is “Current Costs” and escalation is properly covered. Wherever possible a good value of estimated contingencies to be captured. This is to be separate from the R&O Analysis/Contingency Sum Calc.
- Present to Engineering Manager for review the Cost Estimate in detail prior to review of the Select phase or EPC cost estimate or tender by Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A recognized BS, MS degree, Diploma in Engineering or Quantity Surveying in a related field is preferred.
- AACE or equivalent accreditation via Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification should be stated but not a requirement.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification industry experience
- Proven skills in developing internal cost database