Let's find out where you can grow your career
Legal Counsel ( Francophone / Legal Advice / Litigation / Petroleum Distribution ) – Senegal, Western Africa
152 08 09 MNW
September 8, 2021
Reference Number: 152 08 09 MNW
Our client, a large-scale petroleum distribution company in the Western African region, is seeking and experienced law professional who will work as Legal Counsel at their base in the region.
- Accurate regulation and applicable law - As a fundamental basis of the legal function contribution, the applicable rules need to be perfectly accurate and updated and a constant legal intelligence maintained.
- Corporate - Corporate compliance is the main requirement for accreditation by local authorities.
- Drafting and review - Review all agreements to be signed by the General Administrator to ensure protection, contractual balance, and alignment with internal rules.
- Legal Advice - Provide the General Administrator, the managers, and other colleagues with appropriate answer to their concern.
- Litigation cases - Assess the situation and set up an amicable agreement whenever possible. Build a strong file when the case is brought before the Court by collecting and selecting internal documentation and arguments.
- Leases and rents - Monitor the leases and rents schedule. Aid with new lease or renewal negotiation and setting up.
- Registration - Monitor the registration of any document when legally required (contracts, decisions, minutes, etc.)
- Law costs - Reduce as much as possible the law costs by evaluating the right needs as for judiciary assistance and external advice.
- Reporting - General and special reports on the litigation cases, quarterly and whenever requested.
- Filing - Ensure a perfect filing of critical documents, in accordance with internal policies.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post-graduate degree in law.
- Minimum of 5 years post call experience acquired from a well-established law firm serving international corporate clients or abroad or acquired from a reputable private company.
- French and English fluency a must.
- Computer skills essential (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to carry out legal research and analysis.
- Ability to issue (written or oral) clear and concise legal advice.
- Ability to draft contracts and legal or administrative documents.
- Ability to settle a litigation.
- Persuasive skills essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Open term contract, upon successful completion of probation period.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.