Legal Director (Corporate Legal / Legal Bank / Company Secretary) – Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Reference No. SRCDT001
Reference Number: SRCDT001
A well-known international Financial Services holding company is seeking to hire a Legal Director to join the Banking Group in Burkina Faso. Acting as the company's general secretariat and overseeing legal activities and litigation management within the various entities to ensure compliance with standards and obligations and help protect the interests of the Group. The legal and litigation director maintains functional links with the legal directors of the subsidiaries.
- Ensure the preparation and the secretariat of the Board of Directors and of the General Meetings of the Group.
- Ensure the good performance of the CAs and AGs of the subsidiaries and the validity of their decisions.
- Supervise the legal services of subsidiaries in their relationship with customers.
- Manage litigation files of subsidiaries above a certain amount in cooperation, where applicable, with external lawyers responsible for defending the interests of the Group.
- Coordinate the legal life of the holding company: drafting of commercial partnerships, validation and drafting of all types of contracts, including commercial ones, drafting of management contracts, in conjunction with the Group's Finance Department.
- Assess the protections and guarantees communicated by customers, as part of the analysis of credit files by the Group Credit Department.
- Participate in the development of new products in accordance with banking law and regulations in force.
- Participate in the Group's external growth by steering legal due diligence and drafting legal documentation.
- Follow, with the Audit and Compliance Departments, national and international regulatory developments to keep the Departments and staff informed of regulatory changes and their impact on the bank's activities (legal watch)
- Set up / update the rules and codes of ethics and ensure their proper application at the Holding and in the subsidiaries.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor’s Degree, along with a completed relevant master’s degree.
- 12+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with either a well-established Banking, Financial Services organization, or servicing such companies.
- Multi-locational / regional oversight experience across Africa / African markets.
- Experience in people / team management.
- Willingness to relocate to Burkina Faso.
- Fluency in both English and French.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.