Life Support Systems Design Engineer (Solid works / Design / Marine / Fabrication / Inspection)
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic, career minded individual, with a strong work ethic, solid professional track record and commitment to teamwork.
- Lead designers in the design of life support systems.
- Develop concept designs of life support systems to facilitate proposals and perform budget costings.
- Perform the process analysis and prepare design reports, using piping system software as well as from first principles
- Produce SolidWorks designs, conceptual drawings and manufacturing drawings as required
- Manage sub-contractor designs and integrate their design inputs.
- Study and interrogate 3rd party codes and standards (IMCA, ABS, DNV, Lloyds, AMSE) and prepare design submission reports for 3rd party review such as ABS, DNV and Lloyd’s Register and resolve technical queries and/or comments throughout the design appraisal and production/manufacturing phases of the project
- Produce testing and validation documentation: FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), Inspection Reports, Quality Control Plans, painting, and corrosion protection guidelines
- Software: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Mathcad, Pipe Flow Expert, MS Office, MS AX Dynamics (ERP)
- Additional skills/experience – Experience with Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill )
- B.Eng / B.Sc / B.Tech / N.Dip in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years in a similar role or closely related field. (Marine industry preferable).
- 10 years dedicated experience in process system design especially in instrumentation piping systems with compressible and non-compressible flow. The design of life support systems will be an advantage.
- 5 years dedicated experience in designing piping network involving valve, pump, and heat exchanger sizing.
- 5 years dedicated experience in Solid works modeling and simulation.
- 4 years’ experience is process system fabrication involving exotic materials.
- High level of technical competency in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering design and analysis.
- Hands-on experience in assembly and operation of process plants and piping systems
- Some experience in machinery design is preferred but not essential.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, manage multiple tasks, and be goal oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Position may require international travel