Logistics Base Safety Coach (Health / Safety / Management / Oil / Gas)
This position Reports to and supports the Logistics Base team to achieve the base objectives and enhancing the safety culture, orientated towards continuous positive improvements. Ensures the relationship on HSE matters between Contractor, Affiliate, and any other internal entities relevant to the base functioning. Contributes to the continuous improvement of practices and referential either internal or external.
Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure the implementation of the company’s HSE policies and rules.
- Provide inputs for improvement methods, tools, referential, contracts based on the return of experience and best practices.
- Ensure the respects of requirements from the Environmental Management Plan or applicable regulation, and report immediately any deviances observed.
- Ensure the strict application of the HSE Plan developed for the project, for the Log Base Specific HSE Objectives.
Leadership and management commitment
- Support the exemplary and visible management commitment
- Inform the management on the concerns & risks and propose solutions
- Participate and possibly animate Management HSE Meetings (Top Management visits, COSITE, etc.) or Operational HSE Meeting (Job Risk Assessment review, Toolbox Talk, Pre-job Meeting, Kick-off Meeting, Permit to Work Meeting, etc.)
- Cascade all company’s HSE values & messages up to the lowest level of the organization in order to enhance the Safety Culture onboard: use of observation cards, STOP cards policy, Golden Rules, etc.
- Implement the Affiliate’s HSE initiatives: Perfect Day, PTW audits, etc.
- Ensure the compliance of contractors, and their ability to control risks associated with the activity
- Share company’s HSE values with contractors
- In coordination with the HSE manager of the base, coordinate & possibly animate all HSE Inductions of the base for any newcomers (visitor, permanent, etc.) & implement a proper tracking system.
- Control the proper implementation of the bridging document with contractors
Evaluation, risk control & operational responsibilities
- Demonstrate a full commitment & involvement to support operational entities on HSE related topics
- Based on RSES requests & needs
- Contribute to the project according to the requested level of involvement: meetings, risk analysis, deliverables, actions follow-up, reporting follow-up
- Coordinate the HSE Reporting from the base by recovering information from other entities + send it on a monthly basis to the HSE Lead in Head Offices
- Ensure the raising & reporting of downgraded situations (JRA, declaration form, action plan)
- Ensure the follow-up of actions from audits, base action list, HSE events, etc.
- Identify medium / long term improvement actions
- Daily monitoring of the jobs ongoing onsite (75% of the time), lifting operation, overboard jobs, handling, etc.
- Coordinate the PPE check & distribution if needed
- Post event coordination: in charge of realizing of Cause Tree Analysis, developing/coordinating investigation report, following the corrective action identified, etc.
- Coordination of all inspections / audits at the base: Health related, PTW audits, Site Management Tour, etc.
- Part of the Emergency Response Team
- Supervision of the waste management with contractor to guarantee a perfect tracking of them
Competency and training
- Organize & perform specific training/awareness sessions for Golden Rules, Environment, Wastes Management, hands safety, last minute risk assessment, dropped objects risks, lifting, etc.
- Responsible for organizing & performing HSE Inductions
Experience feedback (REX)
- Ensure lessons and recommendations from previous REX are known and implemented.
- Identify any subject deserving a REX – If validated, develop a REX based on the company's standard.
- Preparation & submission of REX following possible significant event occurring during the campaign
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Medical fitness-to-work less than 1 year
- Cause Tree Analysis Training Certificate
- IOGP & IAGC guidelines, COMPANY additional requirements and their implementation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a HSE position.
- Advanced skills in lifting operations – Certificates to be provided if possible
- An experience in logistics base
- Fluent in English and good communicative skills both verbal and writing.
- Contract Based only