Reference No. LBGLK009
Reference Number: LBGLK009
An exciting global agricultural client of ours is looking to hire a Logistics Specialist to strengthen the logistics department. The Incumbent’s focus is on creating the most efficient, modern and professional distribution network in rural Africa to serve more than 125,000 households through the distribution of various materials to more than 400 different sites in different regions. These materials will help farmers increase their harvest. The ability of our logistics department to do the job smartly and efficiently will allow the organization to increase the number of farmers every year. This role is key to the development of our organization. Although your responsibilities will require you to travel often across the country, this position is based primarily in Muramvya, at the client’s headquarters in Burundi.
- Use financial and operational data to make our distribution processes more efficient. Guide our warehouse and truck managers on how to improve our efficiency and quality of service. Set challenging performance goals and track activity progress weekly.
- Collect, process and analyze data to assess progress or make decisions.
- Design systems to measure the performance of the logistics department.
- Work with inventory managers, the logistics data team, and the agricultural store network department to develop a smooth communication process.
- Plan logistics deliveries and maintenance of delivery planning tools.
- Implement continuous improvement projects for the smooth running of the department.
- Coordinate delivery troubleshooting with field operations.
Development of new capacities:
- Create storage and delivery procedures for new materials selected for our innovation department. This can include live plants, and advanced solar energy equipment.
- Develop the team to strengthen their leadership, critical thinking and management skills. This includes regular meetings with the whole team, coaching them and providing them with training.
- Work closely with our field operations, business operations, innovation, agricultural store network and supply departments to meet their logistical needs as well as with certain suppliers or other partners.
- Provide the external relations department with the data necessary for the proper coordination of activities with government officials and other partners.
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience: in the private or public sector, having had responsibilities for which you have achieved results.
- Preference for experience in project management with teams of 5 or more people.
- Bachelor’s degree required, (Economics or Statistics preferred), preferably with a master’s degree or several years of experience.
- Have good computer skills: typing quickly and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Perfect knowledge of Kirundi and French is required. Strong preference for knowledge of English.
- Be of Burundian nationality.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Leroy Gona at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.