Let's find out where you can grow your career
Maintenance Practitioner Planner (Mining / SAP / Safety / Opex / Engineering / Risk Analysis) – Northwest, South Africa
195 04 RR
April 25, 2022
Our client is an international mining house who is seeking a Maintenance Practitioner Planner, who will be responsible for safely, cost effectively and accurately identify, plan and schedule maintenance and shutdown work, as well as maintain master data. The ideal incumbent will have experience with organising maintenance and shutdown work in a safe and cost-effective manner in the mining industry.
- Identify and assess level of continuous risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.).
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status us.
- Influence others to work safely.
- Influence Maintenance Supervisors and Artisans to adhere to schedules and accurate reporting.
- Link new material to Bills of Materials and update Bills of Materials on SAP.
- Load new task lists and update existing task lists on SAP.
- Capture, update and maintain maintenance plans on SAP.
- To support the area leadership to action Departmental maintenance.
- Administer the spare parts plan to ensure minimal down time through a ready supply of quality, correct spare parts and to minimise cost by ensuring inventories are not over stocked.
- Make recommendations concerning planned maintenance to the supervisor and superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Resource planning in both materials and manpower
- Decide whether to use internal or contractor artisans.
- Create work orders and allocate the task lists.
- Create purchase requisitions for non-stock items and allocate components.
- Release Purchase requisitions/Work order permits.
- Release planned work orders.
- Liaise with Procurement and Finance for all activities related to procurement, invoice settling and record keeping.
- Check material and follow up on material availability (arrange expediting if necessary).
- Report discrepancies for scheduled materials on a weekly basis.
- Release planned work and monitor the forward workload.
- Estimate work order costs.
- Allocate resources, arrange weekly planning meetings, and create the schedule.
- Estimate cost of scheduled work for the week.
- Communicate and issue the schedule.
- Print work orders as required.
- Investigate W/O exceptions.
- Produce various routine and special reports as required.
- Optimise resource levelling through the use of internal or contractor artisans for planned work.
- Create service entry sheet for planned work.
- Verify contractor attendance the week before the job is scheduled to start.
- Monitor and control the preventative maintenance budget (Opex and Capex).
- Make recommendations to continuously drive improved financial performance.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree or National Diploma (Engineering)/ N6 Certificate
- At least 4 years relevant experience, preferably one-year supervisory experience.
- SAP PM and MM Module
- EHS policies, systems and management procedures required at a plant.
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.