Manager Business Development (Explosives / Mining / Sales / Marketing) – Africa
Reference Number: SREXDE004-CM
Our client is looking for a Manager- Business development. This role is accountable for improving the organizations market position and achieving financial growth targets including winning and maintaining existing, competitor held, competitor, and greenfield accounts by effectively working in a matrix structure with regional and global commercial roles. Proactively identify, track, manage, tender on and report new business opportunities and opportunity pipelines. Builds key customer relationships and trains customer management best practice.
- Adhering to the organizations Safe Operating Procedures and demonstrating visible leadership by undertaking safety audits and other leadership interactions within the business
- Facilitate commercial & differentiation pipeline meetings. Manage/maintain integrity of data/information input to ensure pipeline reporting is accurate.
- Maintain monthly dashboard report outlining wins/losses, key project focus, opportunity progress/status/next steps for assigned regions and market segments.
- New business / competitor held demand planning to identify critical success factors for conversion of new business opportunities including capital and personnel requirements.
- Ownership of Key account relationships & contract management processes coordinated with regional business units.
- Understand the competitor landscape, Next Best Alternative pricing and identify where our current Value Drivers align to commercial accounts needs. Provide intelligence to assist the marketing function to understand where to best focus business resources/time to develop future offerings.
- Ensure maintaining of market trends in industry and communicate impacts of market to regional commercial and marketing personnel.
- Manage Competitor Sales and relationship management.
- Working together
- Manager customer forums, drill and blast studies, baselining and identification of customer Value Drivers.
- Assist to develop commercial offers with customer risk and reward, articulated Value Propositions and value delivery mechanisms.
- Coordination of internal stakeholders during Bid Management process including support in the development of internal briefing packs, financial modelling and proposal documents.
- Support & Implementation of all relevant Sales and Negotiation programs designed to assist in the development of ABM’s & TM’s.
- Participate in running the Commercial orientation programs for the development of new starters – financial modelling, GQOMS, RFQ process, Account Planning, Bid Management
- Provide regional support for the Breakaway and other related business improvement programs.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualifications,
- Sales and Marketing experience,
- Minimum 5 years in senior management positions
- Extensive line management in variety of roles and environments
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Residential, Medical, Pension & Travel