Let's find out where you can grow your career
Manager: Procurement Excellence (Procurement / Supplier Relationship / Governance) – Gauteng, South Africa
April 11, 2022
Our client is a large banking firm seeking to employ Manager: Procurement for their offices located in Gauteng, South Africa. The main purpose of this position is to lead the Procurement Excellence Section, which includes Governance, Supplier Relationship Management, Contracts Administration, Reporting and Data Analytics, to ensure that the Procurement Division delivers its mandate within a predefined framework and policy.
- Develop, review and maintain the Procurement Policy, Procedural Guidelines and any applicable Terms of Reference (ToR), templates, checklists and flowcharts.
- Advise on, and facilitate the effective implementation of, the principles contained in the Procurement Policy, Procedural Guidelines and any applicable ToR throughout the Group.
- Manage the outputs of the section, which include Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Contracts Administration, Meta-data Management, Reporting and Data Analytics.
- Provide strategic guidance to the SRM lead and collaborate with the sourcing teams on strategic supplier management and supplier risk management.
- Collaborate and liaise with the Legal Services Department (LSD) for mitigation of potential procurement risks as due to new legislation and relevant case law.
- Analyse and integrate management information relating to the divisional outputs for reporting purposes (Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Procurement Governance Risk and Compliance).
- Create awareness of Procurement GRC, SRM and develop training material; facilitate training workshops for staff members from the Procurement Division or to any other business departments.
- Facilitate and conduct quality assurance reviews to check for compliance with the Procurement Policy, Procedural Guidelines and any applicable ToR and investigate instances of non-compliance and facilitate the implementation of corrective measures.
- Monitor, manage and mitigate procurement risks in accordance with the Procurement Governance and Risk Management Framework.
- Stay abreast of any new developments and best practice in the procurement domain and apply in functional area.
- Facilitate and coordinate internal and external audit activities relating to the Procurement Division.
- Liaise with LSD and business to facilitate the effective management of procurement contracts throughout the contract management lifecycle.
- Manage and enhance relationships of the Procurement Division with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the performance and development of staff in the section, provide technical coaching and guidance, and motivate the team to deliver results.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Law, Supply Chain Management (NQF 7) or an equivalent qualification; and
- 8‒10 years of working experience in a supply chain, legal governance, or business governance.
Additional requirements are as follows:
- a post graduate qualification/certification (added advantage)
- industry, organisational and business awareness knowledge and skills.
- quality assurance knowledge and skills.
- continuous improvement knowledge and skills.
- continued learning and/or professional development knowledge and skills.
- tactical sourcing.
- risk profiling.
- financial analysis.
- enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- supply chain management.
- project management.
- business process optimization.
- relevant legislation.
- computer literacy.
- conceptual thinking.
- drive for results.
- building and managing relationships.
- problem solving and analysis.
- effective communication (verbal and written English language)
- planning and organizing.
- judgement and decision-making.
- service and stakeholder focus; and
- impact and influence.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance – Banking, Insurance, Legal and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.