Marketing & Communications Manager (Social-media / Networking / Fuels / Lubricants / Downstream) – Lusaka, Zambia
To provide strategic, effective and professional corporate communications support to the organization in Zambia, including - but not limited to - corporate brand reputation building, internal communications, media relations, digital & social media, stakeholder management, community investment and issues & crisis management.
To formulate, direct and implement the Operating Unit (OU) Strategic Marketing Plan that will support theachievement of: volume growth, market penetration, brand health and financial targets for the brands underscope.Responsible for establishing and implementing the OU Marketing Plan, based on the Marketing Planning Process and aligned with both the OU Business Objectives and the Central Marketing Strategy
- Develop and deliver a strategic communications plan for Zambia - in line with the Group strategy and plan - that delivers value to the company.
- Work closely with the leadership team to build the Vivo Energy’s reputation.
- Build and deliver a media strategy that supports a range of reputation building activities.
- Develop and personally undertake a comprehensive Government engagement programmed to build and develop relationships with different levels of governmental authorities.
- Design and deliver communications plans and activities to support the company’s community investment programme.
- Understand the main social media platforms and have the ability to community manage and build the organization’s social media presence in Zambia.
- Plan and deliver the company’s internal communications activity, including organizing staff events and meetings; developing content and updating the company intranet site; and creating innovative ways to communicate with staff.
- Organize crisis preparedness training and be an integral part of managing any company issue or crisis, per the crisis management plan, by delivering crisis communications support.
- Be the company’s spokesperson, when required.
- Ensure that all corporate branding is executed according to the Group’s brand guidelines.
- Strategic Marketing Planning: Lead the development and implementation of the annual strategic marketing plans, with the supervision of the Central Marketing team, to achieve defined business objectives across all product categories and all channels. Translate business unit objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate business unit growth
- Customer Value Proposition: Lead the development and implementation of differentiated CVPs, under the guidance and supervision of the Central Marketing and Central Heads of Business (Retail & Commercial). Work with the OU Heads of Business (Retail & Commercial) to adapt centrally defined offerings, or offerings identified as best practices in other OUs, ultimately develop segment-specific offerings, and is responsible for tracking and measuring progress.
- Financials: Prepare annual SP&A (Sales Promotion & Advertising) budgets and manage the delivery of all marketing activity within the agreed budget. Monitor the business performance of the various categories and recommends corrective action when needed. Evaluate ROMI of marketing initiatives and conducts post investment reviews.
- Pricing: Be the owner of pricing for all brands within the OU, working closely with finance and sales teams. Monitor prices and drive price positioning to extract value by price and brand mapping. Make recommendations for pricing with guidance from brand managers.
- Channel Management: Determines the most appropriate channel/sector mix to service key target customers or consumer segments
- Interface with sales: Work with Commercial and retail sales teams to agree objectives, strategies, CVP’s and implementation plans for all key channels and sectors.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Senior level Marketing professional with over eight (8) years of experience, at least three at a senior level or Communications degree, or related qualification with at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Accreditation with professional marketing bodies would be a plus
- Proven communications support to senior executives.
- A driver’s license.
- Proven track record of creating and managing effective alliances with various stakeholders (i.e. customers, media, colleagues, Governments etc.)
- Good understanding of Retail, B2C and/or B2B markets.
- Strong Retail Marketing experience would be a plus
- Highly evolved marketing skills and track record of converting marketing strategy into local implementation.