Materials Specialist (Mining / Warehousing / Supply Chain / Stock Control / Inventory Management) – DRC
Reference No. 371-2403LH
Reference Number: 371-2403LH
Our client is in need of an experienced Materials Specialist with a background in mining and mineral processing to join their team on site in the DRC.
- Ensuring accurate materials records are maintained by resolving any system duplications, obsolete items, incorrect coding or other issues.
- Analysing catalogue codes and warehouse stock to identify duplications and errors, validating and rectifying errors.
- Providing instructions to the warehouse for the rectification of code errors.
- Reporting on stock errors and incorrect classifications.
- Materials requirements planning – analysing and monitoring stock volumes, consumption and procurement records to propose purchase requests in line with required timelines and assist in avoiding over or under stocking.
- Ensuring stock descriptions, part numbers and classifications are maintained on the system.
- Mentoring and training of subordinates including skills transfer and development planning.
- Cost control, expense monitoring and spend analysis to ensure efficiency and waste reduction.
- Ensuring that HSEQ standards are adhered to and active promotion thereof.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Stakeholder engagement and management, promoting a positive working environment and collaborative culture.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualification in Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or similar.
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate.
- 10 years supply chain experience within mining including at least 5 years in materials management.
- Experience with codification / cataloguing, content management and materials requirement planning.
- Well-versed in operational and strategic supply chain processes.
- Computer literate.
- Commercial acumen.
- ERP systems experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience mentoring and training multicultural teams.
Benefits and Contractual Information:
- FIFO roster.
- 1-year renewable contract.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.