Let's find out where you can grow your career
Metallurgical Manager (Mineral Processing / Open Pit / Diamonds / Comminution / Plant Layout) – Lesotho
553 1804 MHU
April 18, 2022
Reference Number: 553 1804 MHU
Our client operates a diamond mine in Lesotho. They have an urgent need for a Metallurgical Manager to assume overall responsibility for the management and maintenance of the Metallurgical Plant within cost parameters and strategic and operational objectives by drawing on human and other resources.
- Lead, direct, and support all aspects of Comminution and Recovery Processes to maximize Revenue per hour in a sustainable manner
- Manage the overall design of process flowsheets, plant layouts, material handling systems, manpower requirements, equipment procurement and material utilization.
- Develop and manage metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies.
- Improve plant operating performance; reduce waste and delays; promote cost reductions; and achieve a high level of operating efficiency.
- Evaluate current and potential processing methods.
- Monitor and analyze key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend and implement corrective actions to the operations team.
- Manage metallurgical engineering activities working with the operations team and external consultants.
- Create and distribute monthly metallurgical reports.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B Eng Metallurgical OR Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 Years’ operational experience in a Plant operation Environment
- Minimum of 5 Years’ Managerial Experience
- Minimum of 5 Years in Open Pit Diamond Mining Environment
- Driver’s License (Code B)
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables
- Work within cross-functional teams and coach, mentor supervise and lead direct reports
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Competitive package
- Rotation (9 days on / 5 days off) so can travel to/from neighbouring provinces
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.