Reference No. 254 09 RR
Reference Number: 254 09 RR
Our client, one of the world’s tier-one mining companies is seeking Mine Foreman with depth and experience in the general supervision of teams in underground mining activities (Long Hole Stoping) for operations in Central Africa. These teams will be working with an expansive fleet of mining equipment which, in a high-speed development, requires effective and comprehensive supervision from a competent mine foreman. The mine is inline to produce more than 350 000 ounces for FY22.
- Must always set high standards and always do processes the right way no matter the difficulty of task.
- Expected to present yourself and, by association, the company in a respectful and considerate manner that is aligned to company principles.
- Will be required to impart knowledge and skill onto local workforce that has a positive effect on local communities.
- Engage in cultural awareness activities and training to help with your interactions with the local employees and communities.
- Must be patient, understanding and behave as an appreciative guest in the country you are engaged for.
- Must be resilient and able to work through challenging situations.
- Ensure that staff perform project research, design calculations, and records accuracy of mining activities.
- Ensure that project/department milestones are met and the adhering to of approved budgets.
- Manage and support the daily performance of subordinate teams’ jobs,
- Ensure reach mining production targets
- Ensure the compliance to UG Mining and Safety Standards
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of six (6) years of underground mine related experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience at a supervisory level required
- Proven knowledge of underground hard rock mining required
- Experience in an environment involving planning/scheduling of maintenance work preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to supervise and direct underground supervision required
- Excellent safety and performance record required
- Previous Expatriate experience would be advantageous
- Mine classification: Underground gold mine. Owner Mining
- Mining Method: Long Hole Stoping
- Annual Production (Ore): Producing at a rate of 3.8 million ore tonnes per year
- Annual Production (Gold): 350 000 ounces
- Mine Design: The mine is accessed via a twin decline, a vertical shaft, and a system of internal ramps. Ore
from stopes is loaded (both by teleremote and conventional manual loaders) from the stopes into the eight ore passes via finger raises on the respective levels. This ore is then transferred by Autonomous LHDs into two coarse ore bins and then into two primary crushers, followed by two fine ore bins and independent skip loadout conveyors near the shaft bottom
- Equipment: The underground equipment consists of mainly development drills, production drills, trucks, loader, loader setup on Sandvik multi lite remote-control system, and loader setup on Sandvik automation control system
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Expat Remuneration Package (USD net)
- Roster (8/4) – FIFO
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Endless opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.