Let's find out where you can grow your career
Mine Manager ( Alluvial / Diamonds / Processing Plants / Expat ) – Angola
Western Africa#Southern Africa#Eastern Africa
November 12, 2021
Our client is seeking a Mine Manager to take responsibility for the overall management of the mining and sorting plant projects. (S)He will assist in staffing, outlining project plans, setting project goals/deadlines, and evaluating performance. The Mine Manager ensures the safety and health of mine workers.
- The successful candidate will need to put together a mine plan and execute the authorized plan. It will involve running both the mine and sorting plant, and potentially setting up a new mine all-together. The role is flexible and will grow / change as the company grows.
- Interacting with the Geologists so some basic understanding of geology would be preferable.
- Interaction and negotiations with suppliers.
- Monthly budget reporting.
- Report structure: directly to the Managing Director.
- Determine, implement, and monitor production strategies, activities, plans, reports, and schedules.
- Identify potential business risks and ensure processes are established to manage these appropriately.
- Ensure integrity of mining expansion projects.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards, organizational standards, and legislative requirements.
- Manage and ensure proper people development in the department.
- Both green- and brownfield projects will be in the pipeline. Initially however it will be mostly brownfield projects.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to the Company's Safety, Health and Environmental management programs and objectives.
- Extensive travelling with be required: for 4-6 weeks at a time. Traveling will be mostly to the DRC and Angola, but it might be required to travel to other countries in Africa as the need arises.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree qualified mining professional
- Alluvial Diamond Mining experience essential, at least 5 years
- Broad technical knowledge of open pit mining operations and processes.
- Solid understanding of Processing and Recovery Plants.
- Knowledge and experience of DMS, Bourevestnik, FlowSort
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Mine planning and analysis.
- Financial and project management.
- Ability to create team synergy, manage diversity and promote a high-performance culture.
- Extensive experience and understanding of mining in Africa required.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat employment opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- FIFO roster (12/4 rotation)
- Long term contract
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.