Mine Manager (Coal / Open Cast / 3.1 / MMCC) – Mpumalanga
Reference No. TR 1210
Reference Number: TR 1210
The Mine Manager will lead the mining team in the cost-effective optimization and extraction of minerals and ensure
compliance of provisions of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Minerals Act and its Regulations. The Mine Manager will
be responsible for managing the operation safely and efficiently to meet both short and long term production objectives
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the mine
- To oversee Production team and manage production KPI’s
- To oversee legal and environmental compliance
- To oversee Health and safety compliance (enforcing the Mining Sector related Acts)
- To effectively manage the safe extraction of coal whilst ensuring compliance to the provisions of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Minerals Act and related Regulations.
- To effectively manage all contractors within the mining operations.
- To optimize mining operations and continuously improve current practices, methods, equipment and processes in order to exceed current production targets and reduce costs to the company.
- To provide long term strategy for mining operations and manage the Strategic Plan (1-3 years) and Tactical Plan (< 1 year)
- Ensure all planning is done timeously and communicated to all concerned parties
- Ensure production targets as per the required plan is achieved
- All mandatory COP’S are in place, approved and signed off
- Ensure proper relations with consulting specialists
- Recognize operational, technical and safety challenges, take action to prevent or overcome them, and continuously seek improvement
- Ensure that the mining plan is continuously updated
- To coordinate and manage own team, Mining Technical and Mineral Resource disciplines.
- To coordinate the production of life of mine
- To develop, evaluate and monitor mining operations to ensure the attainment of objectives.
- To monitor compliance to legislation and corporate governance. Interpret operational and technical risks and develop risk mitigating systems
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BEng, BSc or BTech (Mining Engineering preferrable or industry related degree)
- Mine Manager Certificate of Competency
- National Certificate in Rock Breaking /Blasting Ticket Opencast
- National Honours Degree / MDP/MBA (will be an added advantage)
- Mine planning experiences
- DMRE experience as inspector of mines (will be an added advantage)
- Open pit mining experience (preferably coal)
- Mining contractor management essential
- Medically fit (“Red Ticket”)
- Valid driver's license
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Role
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Tristan Rusch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.