Reference No. 267 11 RR
Our client, an international mining group is seeking a UG Mine Manager who will build, develop, and lead an effective team capable to deliver the strategy to transition their mine to a major underground operation, to be executed in line with specific instructions from Senior Manager – Underground Mining and requirements of relevant Mining Legislation.
- Understands key underground production and development processes in large scale trackless mining environments.
- Understanding of safe and effective underground production practices, management, support systems.
- Establishing Paste and Backfill infrastructure in Underground environment.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Demonstrated ability of delivering to production and cost targets.
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate to all levels of the team.
- Training and developing new and inexperienced workers to become safe and effective underground.
- Strong understanding of mining cost drivers and their impact to the overall financial results of the operation.
- Ability to develop operational budgets
- Ability to drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
- Strong knowledge in underground contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing underground mining contracts.
- Understands company project management standards and has applied them in a minor project to conceptual level.
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers.
- Generates innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing assets, products, services or processes.
- Build, develop and lead the mining team in line with instructions given by the Senior Underground Manager.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the development of optimised short-term, and medium-term plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements and the operations strategy.
- Ensure that the use of all resources is optimised to ensure delivery of the plan.
- Identify areas for improvement in operational blueprints (systems, processes, procedures and tasks)
- Establish and maintain systems for identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence.
- Ensure collaboration with all departments to achieve streamlined delivery to plan.
- Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10+ years' proven experience in mine production in underground mining environment
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering (BEng) or an equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Underground Mine Managers Certificate.
- Advanced understanding of project management standards and has applied them in a minor – medium project to conceptual level.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity
- Competitive annual package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.