Reference No. 261 10 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Mine Manager who will develop, enhance and sustain the operating systems, processes and work routines introduced across the mining function and undertake the delivery of specific project related initiatives to drive Continuous Improvement outcomes across mining.
- Accountable for the implementation, communication and enforcement of all environmental legal compliance for the department.
- Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
- Investigate, respond and take measures to prevent actual/ potential environmental in the areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for continuous environmental improvement in the areas of work.
- Demonstrate Environmental Leadership by supporting team members and other managers to achieve their environmental objective and requirements.
- Install, manage and identify opportunities for optimizing the mining systems, processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Mine.
- Establish and manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements for the mining operations.
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team.
- Develop, communicate and deliver a rolling 18-month plan, by quarter, that delivers required Mining services and outputs.
- Develop and deliver the annual Mining cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Three to five years' operational experience within an underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at senior management level; Preferably applicable business
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent, or equivalent operational experience
- Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency or equivalent
- Familiar with Mining Software
- Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.