Let's find out where you can grow your career
Mine Manager (Open-Pit / Mining / Gold / Safety / Environment) – Tanzania, East Africa
111 04 22 VG
April 1, 2022
Reference Number: 111 04 22 VG
Our client is an international mining service provider who is seeking a Mine Manager, who will be responsible for managing the Open Cast mining operation in compliance with Tanzanian Mining (safe working) Regulations and the Health Safety and Environmental site requirements.
- Leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety standards that exceed world industry standards and any applicable legislation and achieve Zero Lost Time Injury (LTI) Frequency Rate.
- Develop and implement mine plans to ensure optimum exploitation
- Manage the mining operation to ensure ore is delivered to the ROM stockpile at optimum cost and in a timely manner.
- Cooperative management and leadership with Engineering Manager and Geology manager to ensure best results for equipment availability, utilization and optimum dilution control and ore reserve management.
- Develop and implement monitoring systems and procedures to ensure all mining costs are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up and remedied.
- Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs.
- Continually review every aspect of the mine department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance, in order to identify and remedy substandard performance and behaviour.
- Play a leading role in all appropriate industry committees, government working parties and community groups
- Participate in the Senior Management Team to ensure that targets for resources exploitation, capital management, cost control, safety performance, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance are achieved.
- Manage Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure progressive development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
- Manage business decisions and transaction in compliance to the Company Code of Ethics and compliance to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) law and standards
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
- Ensuring that the environmental policy and environmental objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organization.
- Ensuring that the resources needed for the environmental management system are available.
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements.
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their area of responsibility.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in large open pit hard rock mining with at least 5 years recent experience in the gold mining industry, and 5 years in a managerial role, is essential.
- Degree in Mining Engineering or similar Technical Degree that is supported by practical work experience in mining and mine engineering
- Mining operation management.
- Mining equipment selection and performance
- Contracts and Contractor management
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.