Let's find out where you can grow your career
Mine Operation Safety Superintendent (Safety / Expatriate / Mining / Nickel) – Indonesia
Asia and South Asia
May 5, 2022
Reference Number: 88 GS
The incumbent will be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving measures to limit risks in the workplace as per the SMS; guarantee compliance with all local regulations operators’ competence, equipment and operations of company and contractors’ employees; guarantee the conduction of all mine operations in safe conditions; carry out safety inspection and follows up the resulting actions; manage a team of safety specialist to guarantee appropriate training is conducted.
- Deployment of the safety policy
- Implements measures to limit risks in the workplace as per the SMS.
- Comply with all local regulations operators’ competence, equipment and operations of company and contractors’ employees.
- Leads toolboxes talks.
- Organize Safety meeting within each operational Area of responsibility
- Evaluate the safety conditions
- Plans and monitors compliance with safety procedures in the field.
- Carries out safety inspection and follows up the resulting actions.
- Identifies & support corrective and preventive actions following field visits.
- Ensure HPIs are all recognized & reported.
- Perform Safety Interactions.
- Plans and arranges for compliance audits (such as Essential Requirements).
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and corrective actions within the time frame.
- Identify training needs and plan training sessions for operations participants (employees & contractors).
- Team management, coordination
- Manages, organizes, and mobilizes teams in the deployment of safety objectives.
- Is responsible for safety communication (top-down / bottom-up).
- Develops the safety culture at all levels of its scope.
- Identifies and follow-up training needs for subordinates
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Sc. Or Master’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline.
- Proven experience implementing and enforcing safety policies on the field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in mining industry.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Short-term contract.
- Expatriate salary.
- Opportunity to work in a multicultural environment.
If you wish to apply for the position, please follow the application link.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Consultant – Francophone Africa
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.