Let's find out where you can grow your career
Mine Planning Engineer (Short term/ Deswik / Mining / PGM’s ) – Northwest Province
199 04 RR
April 26, 2022
The opportunity exists to join one of South Africa’s most dynamic upcoming mining groups as a Mine Planning Engineer. You will be responsible to oversee and produce mining plans for the Week and short-term planning window. Collaborate with the operational team and gather inputs information from other MRM disciplines to produce the short-term planning.
- Lead and own the Short-term Plan (STP) and the Weekly Operational Plan (WOP) process and team.
- Translation and implementation of the MTP mining designs and planning into the 3 month rolling operational practical plans inclusive of drawing operational constraints to align mining production.
- Introduce initiatives to consistently improve the quality of the WOP and the STP including grade and volumes.
- Interact with the relevant stakeholders to streamline the geological, geotechnical, survey and practical operational inputs into the two planning horizons responsible for and to ensure a sustainable planning process.
- Establish and maintain a system to ensure the quality of planning inputs to the different planning horizons.
- Conduct and oversee detailed block designs, ramp and mining access designs and scheduling for the week and STP required for optimal pit deployment.
- Provide and supervise the input given by the mine planners for the relevant planning reconciliation processes.
- Frequently visit the pit to ensure the plan is relevant, practical and consider the physical challenges in the field.
- Ensure adherence to pit boundaries/limits with guidance from the STP, MTP and the approved geotechnical parameters.
- Ensure alignment between the WOP, STP & MTP ensure practical planning execution by the pit operational team.
- Must ensure WOP and STP compliance exceed 85% etc.
- Ensure and improve the quality of the WOP and STP planning and implementation.
- Enhance the use of planning software systems
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc/BEng degree or a diploma in Mining Engineering will be considered essential.
- Rock Breakers Certificate / Blasting Certificate / Mine overseer’s certificate of competency or another mining qualification will be advantageous.
- 12 years in the mining industry of which a minimum of 8 years in the mine planning/technical environment and 4 years on an open mine is essential.
- Specialist software knowledge and application skill (both mine design and scheduling) with packages specializing in the short-term space (between 3 months and one-week periods) will be considered essential. Deswik experience is highly preferred
- Operational experience in the capacity of a pit superintendent or similar roles will be considered advantageous.
- Experience of supervising teams in both a technical and / or operational capacity will be considered an advantage.
- Strong 3D Analytical thinking and spatial perception ability.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a dynamic & listed mining group at a senior mid-management level
- Exciting career progression pathways available
- Highly competitive salary packages and lucrative incentives and monthly bonuses
- Located close to Hartbeespoort or Rustenburg
- Department Structure / Role Positioning.
- Line supervisor: Chief Mining Planning Engineer
- Role: Mine Planning Engineer
- Subordinates: Snr Mine Planner and Mine Planners
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.