Let's find out where you can grow your career
Mine Planning Manager (Mining / Underground / Management / Mine Engineering) – Limpopo, South Africa
179 02 RR
March 1, 2022
The opportunity exists for an experience Mine Planning Manager to lead one of the largest mine development projects in the country. Leading medium to long term mine planning for an underground mining operation. You will work in tandem with a global team, responsible for a large planning team onsite, leading best practice operations and implementing efficient planning strategies.
- Lead Safety by Design – create the foundation for Safe and efficient operational systems of work.
- Apply extensive knowledge and experience of Underground Mining systems and processes.
- Influence Mining Operations ensuring integrated and enabling solutions from Design through to execution.
- Seek opportunities to systematically support efforts in leading and improving safety in all areas of our business
- Work within the Underground Mine Engineering Team and support underground technical functions to VUP. Primarily Underground Mine Planning/scheduling
- Lead the mine planning function in developing and maintaining effective working relationships and timely collaboration with Ventilation, Geology, Geotech, Survey and Operations teams
- Review, approve and deliver timely and quality key technical and planning outputs from the underground mine planning group to mining operations – including mine plans, designs, schedules
- Drive the Drill and Blast function through the optimisation of the drill designs
- Mine Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Develop systems, processes and routines for effective work and medium-short range execution planning, integrating into aligned, achievable and challenging operational tactics and work plans and schedule for Mining Operations Teams
- Work within and across multi stakeholder T&S Mining Teams, supporting other Heads, Leads and Principles in delivering departmental and BU objectives in support of exceeding Team and BU Goals.
- Ensure effective team collaboration to combine our strengths, support each other to deliver targeted outcomes
- Review, set and finalise Life Of Mine planning, annual budgets and technical mine plans, cascading through to business tactics and short range plans with support actions to ensure operations are supported.
- Drive improvement and innovation in underground mine planning processes through engagement with external stakeholders, key suppliers and OEM’s and internal business stakeholder
- Develop an HR Management Plan to enhance the personal and professional development of all team members, and maximise retention, thus ensuring the sustainability of the planning function
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Expertise must have been obtained from a formal qualification in Mining Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated application of academic qualifications through experience working in the field
- Extensive minimum 10 years’ experience of mine site based operational, technical and mine planning experience that demonstrates successful application of underground mining engineering fundamentals.
- Considered an experienced technical and operational specialist in underground mine planning
- Track record of leading ideas generation; translating these into practical initiatives to be implemented and demonstration of successful execution and delivery of underground mine planning strategies
- Expertise in practical underground mine design
- Demonstrated ability to consider short, medium- and long-term consequences of proposed changes to processes
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of process improvements across multiple work streams in a mining operation
- Expert Extensive technical experience within Underground Mining
- Demonstrated capacity to balance technical considerations with operational requirements
- Proficient to expert User in mining software such as Deswik, Surpac, Vulcan, Mineshed, EPS, M24D
- Demonstrated record of leading teams, and training team members to maximise promotion for within
- Experience and qualifications necessary to sign Ore Reserves as a competent person
- Work on site at Mine operation will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Annual Package and Performance Incentives
- Opportunity to join a global team
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Exposure to a mega mines and infrastructure
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.