Mine Technical Service Superintendent (UG / Mine Planning / Budget / Mining Engineering) – West Africa
Our client, an International Gold Mine Company is currently looking for a Mine Technical Service Superintendent to join their operation in West Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance of subordinates to the regulations regarding mine process activities as enshrined in the Minerals and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) regulations, 2012 (L.I. 2182);
- Deliver timely and high-quality technical support for the underground operations; including DailY, weekly, monthly, annual and Life of mine plans.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual mine plans and budget;
- Responsible for planning the mine ventilation system.
- Ensuring adequate resourcing of the Geotechnical Management Plan
- Undertake Development, in conjunction with the Mining Manager detailed standards and procedures to support the efficient functioning of the Mine Technical Services Departments;
- Compile annual Mining Cost and production budget;
- Prepare Life of mine production and capital plan including mobile equipment requirements and justifications;
- Prepare short, medium and long range planning and scheduling;
- Build and regularly update a production and development mine schedule;
- Manage the compilation of “End of Week” and “End of Month” production reconciliation and other statutory reports;
- Liaise with other departments to identify projects that will add value and support the implementation of such projects to ensure improvement in the underground operations;
- Promote and ensure adherence to safety and environmental awareness to minimize risk and prevent incidents;
- Identify and implement training programmes for the crew to enhance their competences; and
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering or any other related field with at least fifteen (15) years underground working experience in a similar position;
- Minimum of Underground Manager Certificate from MINCOM;
- Excellent user of Microsoft excel software, Surpac software and mine scheduling software packages;
- Extensive experience with mine planning software, preferably VENTSIM;
- Experience in Alimak Mining, Sublevel Open Stoping mining in narrow reef;
- Ability to plan, monitor, evaluate and prioritise task;
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills;
- Good people management and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive salary USD
- Ghanaian Nationals ONLY