Let's find out where you can grow your career
Mineral Resources Manager (Mining / Geology / Hard-Rock / MRM / SACNASP) – Northwest, South Africa
210 05 RR
May 13, 2022
Our client is an international mining house who is seeking a MR Manager, who will be responsible for the strategic planning and management of the mineral resource management process. The ideal incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyse and interpret the Ore Balance Model and devise strategy and planning scenario’s
- Make recommendations and assist with implementation of the optimal scenario.
- Manage Exploration and Drilling Projects
- Conduct physical inspections and ensure targets are met
- Compile the Mineral Resource/ Ore Reserve Statement (Competent Persons Report).
- Develop the Mine Planning and Exploitation Strategy and drive implementation
- Manage the implementation of a monitoring program to determine geotechnical rock mass behaviour for excavation design purposes.
- Conduct feasibility studies and assessments of new exploration projects
- Ensure studies are used and implemented where possible.
- Manage and use the Geological Database (data integrity)
- Manage and use the Geological Models
- Drive simple systems and ensure ease of use by demonstrating system features (Super user status)
- Perform geotechnical mapping and sampling in a range of geotechnical areas to provide data for mining excavation design
- Conduct a risk assessment using geotechnical data and a local geotechnical plan
- Derive material properties for rock engineering design purposes from laboratory tests
- Analyse and interpret data to achieve mine design from a geotechnical rock mass monitoring programme
- Identify and evaluate signs of deteriorating ground conditions during the mining process.
- Identify Mineral Rights opportunities and make recommendations and ensure action plans are put in place and implemented.
- Manage the Mineral Resources budget
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction by building and sustaining relations through active participation and involvement in process related to Mineral Resources (Mine employees in the form of GM, geologists and others)
- Identify and assess level of baseline risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to analyse, identify trends, initiate, mitigate, investigate and report SHEQ status
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Hons (Geology) Degree or BTech (Geology) or BTech MRM Degree
- Mine Survey Certificate of Competency
- Member of S.A. Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) or registered with PLATO as a Professional Mine Surveyor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of legislation and compliance in the Mining and Minerals Sector
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of blasting operations and rock breaking techniques in an underground hard rock environment
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Annual Package and Incentives
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.